3M today announced the realignment of the company from five to four business segments. As part of the reorganization, James Bauman, executive vice president, Industrial Business Group, and Joaquin Delgado, executive vice president, Consumer Business Group, have announced their intention to retire.
The new structure will be comprised of four business segments: Safety & Industrial, Transportation & Electronics, Health Care, and Consumer. 3M also announced the following leadership appointments:
- Michael Vale is appointed executive vice president, Safety & Industrial Business Group. Vale currently is executive vice president, Health Care Business Group.
- Ashish Khandpur, is appointed executive vice president, Transportation & Electronics Business Group. Khandpur currently is executive vice president, Electronics & Energy Business Group.
- Mojdeh Poul is appointed executive vice president, Health Care Business Group. Poul currently is executive vice president, Safety & Graphics Business Group.
- Paul Keel is appointed executive vice president, Consumer Business Group. Keel currently is senior vice president, Business Development and Marketing-Sales.
- Denise Rutherford is appointed senior vice president, Corporate Affairs. Rutherford currently is vice president, Research & Development and Commercialization, Industrial Business Group.
- Stephen Shafer is appointed senior vice president, Business Development and Marketing-Sales. Shafer currently is vice president Greater China Area of 3M and managing director of 3M China.
Michael F. Roman, 3M's Chief Executive Officer, said: “3M has a highly talented and diverse group of leaders, and today’s appointments position us well for the future. I have confidence in each of these leaders as they take on new and expanded roles, and look forward to working with them to create greater value for customers, shareholders and 3M.”