Editorial credit: Bjorn Bakstad / Shutterstock.com
This week, Salesforce appointed a new CFO amongst the chaos of its acquisition of Slack, eBay appointed a CMO, and there were some major shake ups in the leadership of the big banks.
These are our top picks for the most important executive appointments and departures this week. For executive news updated daily, check out The Org's People on The Move.
1. Salesforce Names New CFO, Marking Another Major Change in 2021
Buried by the news of its acquisition of Slack, Salesforce announced another major change to its leadership team coming in 2021. The company’s CFO, Mark Hawkins, will be replaced by Amy Weaver, Salesforce’s current President and Chief Legal Officer.
2. eBay Hires Veteran Global Brand Director as CMO
eBay has hired Eve Williams as its new Chief Marketing Officer, UK. Williams will help the US e-commerce giant build its brand with British customers. She spent the last seven years at ASOS, most recently as the company's global brand director.
3. Glencore CEO Ivan Glasenberg is Stepping Down After 18 Years
Ivan Glasenberg, the longtime chief executive of global mining and trading giant Glencore, announced on Friday that he is handing over the leadership of the company he built.
4. Major Executive Shakeups at the UK’s Big Banks
Credit Suisse named Lloyds Banking Group CEO António Horta-Osório as its next chairman, after a decade under current chairman Urs Rohner. Lloyds announced that HSBC’s global head of wealth and personal-banking, Charlie Nunn, will succeed Horta-Osório as CEO.
5. GoFundMe Sources New President As It Gears For Growth
Fundraising platform GoFundMe has revealed that Juan Benitez joined the company at the beginning of the month as its new President. He is the newest member of the company’s executive team and reports to CEO Tim Cadogan.
6. Klarna Taps Sequoia Partner As Next Board Chairman
Swedish “shop now, pay later” fintech giant Klarna revealed several major changes to its board of directors, most importantly that Michael Moritz is replacing Jon Kamaluddin as Chairman.
7. Okta Secures New CFO To Help It Become A Tech Icon
Okta announced that Mike Kourey will succeed Bill Losch and become the identity and access management company’s new Chief Financial Officer in March 2021.
8. Roku Hires Apple’s Former Siri Boss To Lead Tech Development
9. Oscar Lures Capital One’s CFO to Top Finance Spot
Health insurance startup Oscar has scored a major addition to its executive team by hiring Capital One’s Chief Financial Officer, R. Scott Blackley, to serve as its top financial exec.
10. Ola Hires GM Veteran To Realize Its Electric Vehicle Ambitions
The Org is a professional community where transparent companies can show off their team to the world. Join your company here to add yourself to the org chart!