Ghosn resigns from top job at Renault, Postmates brings on two new execs from Pinterest, and Just Eat CEO exits with threat From Uber, Deliveroo growing.
Last week saw a lot of executive changes in the food delivery space as Postmates hired two new executives and Just Eat lost their CEO following increased pressure from Uber and Deliveroo in Europe. Carlos Ghosn has also (finally) resigned from Renault following months of investigations into him concealing millions of dollars in personal income and using company assets for his own benefit. Check out this week in review!
It looks like Postmates is gearing up for more aggressive expansion with the hiring of Eric Edge and Andreas Lieber from Pinterest. Postmates raised $300 million at a reported valuation $1.2 billion in September and added more than 250 cities to the service last year. Both new hires will report directly to CEO Bastian Lehmann and Edge will be SVP, Brand & Communications while Andreas Lieber will be SVP, Business Development & Corporate Development.
Just Eat is experiencing increased competition in Europe from on demand food delivery companies like Deliveroo and Uber Eats. Shareholders have been growing frustrated with the quality of communication that the company has had with the market and with investors around some of the strategy. Peter Plumb is stepping down with immediate effect, with Peter Duffy, chief customer officer, appointed as interim CEO.
We first wrote about the fall of Carlos Ghosn back in November and since then he has been stuck in a Tokyo jail awaiting trial. Last week, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire told Bloomberg TV that Ghosn had resigned from Renault and would be replaced Thierry Bollore as CEO and by Michelin CEO Jean-Dominique Senard as Chairman. We probably haven’t heard the last in this saga but Ghosn’s resignation could indicate that he doesn’t expect to be released from jail anytime soon.
Noteworthy personnel news:
- Michelle Horn to Join SoftBank Group as Chief People Officer and Senior Vice President
- Postmates brings on two new execs from Pinterest
- SoundCloud Co-Founder Eric Wahlforss Resigns as Chief Product Officer
- Papa John’s Appoints Marvin Boakye as First Chief People Officer
- Ghosn Resigns From Top Job at Renault
- Twilio Names Chetan Chaudhary as Global Vice President of Partners
- Just Eat CEO Exits With Threat From Uber, Deliveroo Growing
- Under Armour Names Tchernavia Rocker as Chief People and Culture Officer
- UK startup veteran and investor Wendy Tan White joins Alphabet X as Vice President
- Dr. Johan Luthman appointed EVP and Head of Research & Development in Lundbeck
As always, please feel free to send us ideas or feedback at email@example.com. Have a great week!
❤️ The Org Team