Week in review
Last week was a busy one here at The Org. We have made some major product changes that we hope will make The Org easier to use. We have made personnel news and analysis more primary in the product and removed some of the old social features. Our goal is to bring you the most important personnel related news from around the world and this change is just the beginning.
We also plan to increase the amount of in-depth analysis like this:
Coinbase has been on a massive hiring spree since raising $100 million and hiring Asiff Hirji as President & Chief Operating Officer in December 2017. Twelve new people have joined Coinbase’s leadership team in 2018 so far and most of Brian Armstrong’s direct reports are new faces relative to last year. Check out the complete blog post here and Coinbase’s updated org chart here.
Noteworthy personnel changes:
- Oculus co-founder is leaving Facebook after cancellation of ‘Rift 2’ headset (TechCrunch)
- Uber's top dealmaker and trusted advisor to the CEO has resigned following reports of a sexual misconduct investigation (Business Insider)
- Ford appoints new CEO to oversee operations in China (Business Insider)
- Snap just hired 2 execs from Amazon and The Huffington Post after its chief strategy officer quit (Business Insider)
- Adidas Executive, Two Others Found Guilty in College-Basketball Corruption Trial (WSJ)
Have a great week and make sure to add yourself to your own org chart if you haven’t already done so. Thank you for supporting our mission to make organizations more transparent!
❤️ The Org Team