Head of Marketing
We are looking for a Head of Marketing to join our team in New York City
The Org was founded by Christian Wylonis and Andreas Jarbøl in November 2017 and we now have two offices, one in New York City and another Copenhagen. We're backed by some of the world's leading investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Balderton.
The growth team is located in New York City in a sunlit penthouse in central Soho. You’ll work directly with our Head of Growth to grow The Org into the largest platform for teams and organizational transparency in the world.
We’re hiring for a Head of Marketing with several things in mind:
- Our goal is to be inclusive in this search, truly welcoming people from different backgrounds and perspectives into the process.
- The job title is Head of Marketing but this shouldn’t limit how you perceive the opportunity. Your goal is to increase worldwide awareness of The Org and establish a voice for the brand.
- Experience matters but so does execution. We’re looking for someone with a decade of experience as both an individual contributor and manager. The Org is also still early stage and you will spend significant time actually doing the work.
- We want someone with gravitas. You should have strong conviction in what we’re building. You will likely become a face of The Org. This should excite you.
- A tactician and a strategist. You can think short term and long term and do what is necessary to make it happen.
- Creative and experimental. You’re generally skeptical of the status quo and the way it’s been done before. You’re eager to chase the bleeding edge of marketing.
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at The Org. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment.
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market.
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track.
- Passionate about technology. You enjoy knowing the latest technology trends and learning from them.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player. The Head of Marketing must coordinate with other members of the growth team and with basically everyone at The Org.
- Bring The Org brand to life – give it a soul and a voice. From automated emails to social media to our growing news and content channels, you will engineer our brand voice.
- Increase visitors and signups. Your focus is user acquisition and we measure what matters.
- Grow awareness of The Org brand across a number of different audiences by developing campaigns across earned, owned and paid channels and coming up with creative ideas to help people better understand The Org.
- Help scale the company and recruit great people. As we grow, so will the number of people; your job will evolve into team leadership.
- Measure brand awareness and perception. You’ll help us collect and act on data and feedback to evaluate brand work and inform future initiatives.
Career Growth at The Org
Successful Org members are rigorous thinkers. You speak your mind and passionately defend your opinion. We want people who are unafraid to be wrong, enthusiastically change their minds, and who support decisions with numbers and narrative.
We’re tiny relative to the opportunity and have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you could have an unprecedented impact in defining the future of business while doing the most important work of your career.
Who We Are
We are a diverse and international team of 25 stationed in offices in New York City and Copenhagen with distributed members in Mexico City, Singapore, Helsinki, Bangalore, Bogota, and Milan. We want to meet you no matter where you’re from! This particular position sits in our Soho office in New York City. You will need to relocate if not currently living in New York - although we are happy to work out a remote transition plan.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package salary + equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Social events and travel opportunities
- Great penthouse office in central Manhattan with a private outdoor terrace
How to Apply
If you want to hear more about our company and you're excited about the opportunity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's chat! Candidates might be interviewed on a rolling basis but applications submitted by August 10th will be considered. The start date for the position is no later than September 1, 2020.
We want to meet a broad set of candidates and run an inclusive process. If something here prompts a question or concern for you, please contact us at email@example.com to share your feedback. Thanks for your interest in joining The Org team!
The Org is a professional community where you can explore any company’s organizational chart. Meet the people behind the world’s most innovative companies, stay updated on team changes, and join your own company. We’re on a mission to make organizations more transparent and we’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors.