People on the move: Angela Ahrendts is leaving Apple; and more!
Angela Ahrendts is leaving Apple, Airbnb hires a global head of transportation, and Amazon names Starbucks COO Rosalind Brewer to board of directors.
The big news this week was the announcement that Angela Ahrendts would be leaving Apple in April after five years with the company. Ahrendts joined Apple as Senior Vice President of Retail in 2014 after serving as CEO of Burberry from 2006 to 2014. She was tasked with managing Apple’s growing network of retail stores which now counts over 500 stores on 5 continents. It was also announced that Deirdre O’Brien, a 30-year Apple veteran, would be taking over Ahrendt’s responsibilities with an expanded title of Senior Vice President of Retail + People.
In other news, Rosalind Brewer has joined Amazon’s Board of Director as the only person of color on the 10-person board. Brewer is currently the Chief Operating Officer at Starbucks and is only the second black woman to have served on the Amazon board. Myrtle Potter, the former president and COO of Genentech, who served from 2004 to 2009, was the first.
Airbnb also made an interesting move this week hiring Fred Reid as its first-ever global head of transportation. Airbnb’s CEO and co-Founder, Brian Chesky, has previously talked about integrating transportation services into their current offerings and not but “just another place on the Internet where you can buy a plane ticket.” Reid previously served as the CEO of Delta Air Lines and Virgin America.
People on the move:
- Just Eat secures EasyJet's Alberto Rey Villaverde as chief data officer (The Drum)
- Hans Vestberg elected Verizon chairman; Clarence Otis to succeed M. Frances Keeth as lead director (GlobeNewswire)
- Airbnb hires a global head of transportation (TechCrunch)
- VP of Communications Caryn Marooney Is Leaving Facebook After 8 Years (AdWeek)
- Oscar Welcomes Sid Sankaran as Chief Financial Officer (Oscar)
- Sonos tanks after disclosing CFO Michael Giannetto will retire this year (CNBC)
- Aflac Names Richard L. Gilbert as SVP; Chief Digital Information Officer (PR Newswire)
- Amazon names Starbucks COO Rosalind Brewer to board of directors (CNN)
- Debora Beachner Tomlin joins Symantec as Chief Marketing Officer (BusinessWire)
- Pierre Breber appointed VP, Chief Financial Officer at Chevron effective April 1, 2019 (Nasdaq)
- Angela Ahrendts is leaving Apple (TechCrunch)
- Apple Names Deirdre O’Brien Senior Vice President of Retail + People (BusinessWire)
As always, please feel free to send us ideas or feedback at email@example.com. Have a great week!
❤️ The Org Team