People on the move: Zendesk, Coca-Cola, FedEx, and more!
Zendesk Expands Leadership team with 3 Women, Lisa Chang joins Coca-Cola as Chief People Officer, and FedEx COO Resigns in Surprise Move
Happy Presidents’ Day to our members in the United States and apologies to our non-US members for the delayed newsletter! Presidents’ Day is a public holiday in the U.S. and was established in 1885 in recognition of President George Washington but is now popularly viewed as a day to celebrate all US Presidents – past and present.
In a surprise move, David Bronczek has resigned as President and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx due to personal reasons. Bronczek, 64, was widely seen as next in line to take over from Fred Smith, 74, who is currently serving as CEO. The move could be related to the appointment of Raj Subramaniam who takes over as President and COO effective March 1, 2019. The move immediately catapults Subramaniam to the favorite to take over when Fred Smith retires. Read more here.
Zendesk has expanded its executive team with 3 women. Joining the company are Elisabeth Zornes, former general manager of global support for Microsoft Office, as Zendesk’s first chief customer officer; former Adobe executive Colleen Berube as chief information officer; and former Salesforce executive Shawna Wolverton as senior vice president, product management. Read more here.
Lisa Chang will be joining The Coca-Cola Company as Chief People Officer on March 1, 2019. She replaces Jennifer Mann, who now serves as president of Global Ventures for the company. Chang is an experienced HR professional having previously served as VP, Human Resources at Equifax and was most recently Chief Human Resources Officer at AMB Group which is the investment management and support services arm of the Blank Family of Businesses. Read more here.
People on the move:
- Mobile ad and app monetization company Tapjoy names Jeff Drobick as CEO (VentureBeat)
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. Appoints Deb Henretta to Its Board of Directors (BusinessWire)
- Pandora appoints Alexander Lacik as CEO (GlobeNewswire)
- SugarCRM Appoints Craig Charlton as New CEO (BusinessWire)
- Martina Hund-Mejean, Mastercard’s Chief Financial Officer, to Retire in 2019 (BusinessWire)
- Tesla's VP of global recruiting is leaving the company (Business Insider)
- Lyft brings on Uber’s former global head of internal audit (TechCrunch)
- MongoDB Promotes Cedric Pech to Chief Revenue Officer (GlobeNewswire)
As always, please feel free to send us ideas or feedback at email@example.com. Have a great week!
❤️ The Org Team