Week in Review: December 10, 2018
Three executives depart in major leadership shuffle at Symantec, Robinhood hires CapitalG partner Gretchen Howard as operations head, and Magic Leap loses two women from top executive positions.
Symantec’s CEO, Greg Clark, has embarked on a major shake-up of the management team at the cybersecurity software maker. The company has struggled recently as consumer interest in antivirus software has dwindled and an internal investigation led to concerns about the company’s accounting practices. It started with a public announcement that Michael Fey (President & COO) had resigned but the departures of Michael Williams (Chief Marketing Officer) and Bradon Rogers (SVP Go-to-Market) were not publicized. Read more here.
Robinhood has hired Gretchen Howard to head up operations at the company. Howard was previously Partner at CapitalG (Alphabet’s growth investment arm) where she led the investment in Robinhood. Rumor has it that Robinhood is going to pursue an initial public offering next year so the company is ramping up its hiring efforts to do so. Read more here.
The augmented reality startup’s two female C-suite executives, Chief Marketing Officer Brenda Freeman and Chief Business Officer Rachna Bhasin, have recently both stepped back into advisory roles at the company. The company faced a lawsuit earlier this year when former VP of Marketing, Tannen Campbell, sued the company for gender discrimination. Read more here.
Other noteworthy personnel changes:
- DocuSign announces new board chair and cements executive leadership for future (PR Newswire)
- Glossier President and CFO to Depart Company (BOF)
- CareerBuilder Promotes Michelle Armer to Chief People Officer to Continue Focus on Employee Satisfaction and Growth (PR Newswire)
- Microsoft AI exec joins real estate tech company Compass to lead engineering efforts (Geekwire)
- Asos promotes Mark Holland to chief operating officer (Retail Gazette)
- Former eBay product chief RJ Pittman takes the reins at 3D capture company Matterport (TechCrunch)
Check out a full list of personnel news by logging in to your account here. As always, please feel free to send us ideas or feedback at email@example.com. Have a great week!
❤️ The Org Team
The Org covers notable hires, promotions, and personnel changes from around the world!Contact us