We put people first in all we do. We're committed to making e-learning development as easy as possible, expanding access to life-changing training globally. We provide empathetic support to solve each customer's needs the best we can. And our autonomous culture recognizes that employees flourish when given freedom and trust. In fact, we were named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2020.
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will be responsible for handling incoming phone calls and sales chats from the Articulate website—answering questions and passing more complex questions or opportunities to the appropriate Articulate team member. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with tons of autonomy, love high-volume, and work well as part of a team that is laser-focused on providing an outstanding experience for Articulate prospects and customers. During times when there are no incoming calls or chats, the sales support specialist will perform scripted outbound sales activities.
What you'll do:
- Maintain coverage of live sales support communication paths during business hours:
- Incoming phone calls to the Articulate 800 number
- Incoming live chats to the website
- Phone transfers from cross-functional teams
- Work cooperatively with other Articulate teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Answer basic questions from prospects and customers
- Transfer more complex questions or situations to the appropriate frontline team
- Track and gather evidence from calls and chats for high-priority customer issues or needs
- Surface ideas to improve customer self-service options
- Cultivate a broad and varied understanding and knowledge of Articulate 360 and Rise to provide efficient and competent assistance to customers in a live environment
- Available during requested business hours, Monday – Friday, to respond to incoming sales inquiries (unless prior approval from management)
- Reach out to prospects and customers to conduct scripted sales activities during periods of no inbound activity
- Other sales support duties as assigned
What you should have:
- Minimum two years of experience in a business development or sales support role
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through, with the ability to handle and prioritize high-volume activities without letting anything fall through the cracks
- Adept at finding answers on the spot and handling uncertainty from customers and prospects
- Solid computer skills, including in-depth experience with Salesforce.com; able to create, manage, and update lead, contact, and opportunity information with ease
- Positive, energetic phone presence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Independence at managing the day-to-day volume, case assignment, and other duties as assigned or time allows
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doer
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
You're the ideal candidate if:
- Familiarity with the e-learning space and the product offerings for authoring tools and learning management systems
- Fundamental understanding of lead and sales development best practices
- Experience working in a remote environment
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 106,000+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 98 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 965,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.