Ascend simplifies big data by allowing anyone to self service data across silos, build automated pipelines, and accelerate innovation.
Ascend.io, the data engineering company, provides the only unified platform for data pipelines with 10x faster build velocity and automated maintenance. The Ascend Unified Data Engineering Platform makes it possible to build autonomous data pipelines that dynamically adapt to changes in data, code, and environment with 95% less code.
As a member of Ascend’s backend engineering team, you will design, implement, and scale a variety of micro-services that power the entire Ascend platform. You will leverage your experience and satiate your curiosity while integrating with the most modern big data and infrastructure platforms in the world. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- Design and manage robust, simple, and maintainable systems.
- Drive architectural design decisions that improve the scalability, performance, and efficiency of our backend systems.
- Integrate and use a wide array of technologies, including AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud services.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve team speed and efficiency.
- Actively participate in our evolving engineering process.
What we look for:
- Architect: You're passionate about architecture and designing for scale.
- Breadth: You have a familiarity with a large range of technologies that help you to identify unique and elegant solutions
- Scale: You have significant experience designing, deploying, and operating large scale systems
- Polish: You are well versed in monitoring and automation
- Skills: Experience with Go, Kubernetes, and related technologies a plus
- Experience: 3+ years.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Free lunches & dinners
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.