Ascend simplifies big data by allowing anyone to self service data across silos, build automated pipelines, and accelerate innovation.
Ascend.io, the data engineering company, provides the only unified platform for data pipelines with 10x faster build velocity and automated maintenance. The Ascend Unified Data Engineering Platform makes it possible to build autonomous data pipelines that dynamically adapt to changes in data, code, and environment with 95% less code.
We are looking for a Data Engineer Evangelist who is passionate about data engineering and technology and will partner with our customers to vastly accelerate their data projects, guiding their way through proof of concepts, implementations and rollout.
We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced environment.
What you'll do:
- You will play a key role in developing thought leadership around data engineering, partnering with Marketing to create engaging content such as blog posts, videos, data sheets, and whitepapers.
- You will have a front-row seat to what it really takes to make customers successful deploying the Ascend product. As such you are in the best position to provide the engineering team with the practical feedback necessary to make the product better and our customers more successful.
- You will drive onboarding, adoption, usage, and support for early customers.
- You will architect the customer solution, map the customer needs to the Ascend product, and define the approach to integrating it into the customer context. You will lead deep-dive sessions with prospects and present demos. You will help to extend the product by implementing domain-specific solutions.
- In addition to architecting the solution, you’ll be expected to be hands-on in implementing the customer solution, working hand-in-hand with the customer team and the Ascend product team.
- Act as the day-to-day primary point of contact for the customer team as they evaluate the product, define their intended solution, implement, and roll-out.
What we look for:
- Experience designing and building big data applications using Hadoop, Spark and other modern big data platforms
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure and data services such as Athena, EMR, Redshift, S3, BigQuery, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with data warehouses, BI tools, and SQL
- 3+ years experience leading or delivering demos, POCs, pilots, and implementations of enterprise software solutions
- Experience with software development
- Experience leading consulting engagements a plus.
- All of the usual skills for a position like this: Strong written and oral communication, intelligence, flexibility, self-direction, etc.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.