Ascend simplifies big data by allowing anyone to self service data across silos, build automated pipelines, and accelerate innovation.
You will help our customers vastly accelerate their data projects, guiding their way through proof of concepts, implementations and rollout. You will have the opportunity to design and build effective data solutions. You’ll need to be innovative in understanding customer business needs and finding creative ways to adapt the solution to thrill the customer. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- You will architect the customer solution, map the customer needs to the Ascend product, and define the approach to integrating it into the customer context. You will lead deep-dive sessions with prospects and present demos. You will help to extend the product by implementing domain-specific solutions.
- You will have a front-row seat to what it really takes to make customers successful deploying the Ascend product. As such you are in the best position to provide the engineering team with the practical feedback necessary to make the product better and our customers more successful.
- In addition to architecting the solution, you’ll be expected to be hands-on in implementing the customer solution, working hand-in-hand with the customer team and the Ascend product team.
- Act as the day-to-day primary point of contact for the customer team as they evaluate the product, define their intended solution, implement, and roll-out.
- You will drive onboarding, adoption, usage, and support for early customers.
What we look for:
- Experience designing and building big data applications using Hadoop, Spark and other modern big data platforms
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure and data services such as Athena, EMR, Redshift, S3, BigQuery, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with data warehouses, BI tools, and SQL
- Hands-on with at least 1 scripting language such as Bash, Perl or Python.
- 3+ years experience leading or delivering demos, POCs, pilots, and implementations of enterprise software solutions
- Experience with software development
- Experience leading consulting engagements a plus.
- All of the usual skills for a position like this: Strong written and oral communication, intelligence, flexibility, self-direction, etc.
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Free lunches & dinners
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.