Ascend simplifies big data by allowing anyone to self service data across silos, build automated pipelines, and accelerate innovation.
Ascend.io, the data engineering company, provides the only unified platform for data pipelines with 10x faster build velocity and automated maintenance. The Ascend Unified Data Engineering Platform makes it possible to build autonomous data pipelines that dynamically adapt to changes in data, code, and environment with 95% less code.
As a member of Ascend’s product management team, you will work with our engineering team to research, design, and implement product features that change the way the world works with data. You will have the opportunity to connect users with capabilities they never thought possible, and remap complex big data concepts to familiar mental models. We believe the best teams are those comprised of individuals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, love sharing knowledge with their team, and actively seek out environments where they are not the smartest person in the room.
What you'll do:
- Develop a significantly deep understanding of our current and future customers. From personas and skill sets to their motivations, mental models and usage patterns
- Deep dive into the market to become an expert in the competitive product and technical landscape.
- Craft thoughtful product definitions, partnering across marketing, sales and engineering to ensure a meaningful connection between our customers and the product.
- Prioritize relentlessly across several competing objectives to make optimal use of time and resources.
- Build a close partnership with engineering to understand technical trade-offs and architecture in order to successfully influence product design
- Track results and iterate decision making in a data-driven way.
What we look for:
- Dynamic: The big data world changes every day. While others find this distracting, you flourish with this continual challenge. You are confident yet humble when making product decisions, and enjoy investigating new approaches to deliver value to our users.
- Comfort with ambiguity: You work well in ambiguous situations, knowing how to bring information down to earth and communicate in appropriate detail to get things done.
- Customers: You are deeply passionate about customers, getting to know them and representing them in the organization both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Expertise: Experience building enterprise software that is consumed by technical users & buyers (big data / cloud experience preferred)
- Experience: 5+ years of hands-on product management with an emphasis on shipping highly usable experiences
What we offer:
- Long-term & Short-term disability
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Free lunches & dinners
Ascend.io is an equal opportunity employer. At Ascend.io, we are committed to treating all applicants fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.