Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform that helps innovative brands & organizations connect with consumers in a new way.
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for someone who can bring a keen analytical mind to solving real, immediate business problems for our customer success team (what we call “Client Strategy”). You thrive when you have wide latitude to investigate open-ended questions, but are able to not get lost in the data and come up with actionable insights quickly. You are at home speaking with customer-facing teams and are someone who takes full ownership of projects and is autonomous in doing so. You love seeing analysis turn into process, automating wherever possible, creating tools, and thinking of ways to make things more operationally efficient into perpetuity.
- Be acquainted, or eager to acquaint yourself, with our most used tools such as Salesforce, Looker, Sequel Pro, Jira, Slack, and Monday.com.
- Answer ad hoc requests from our client-facing managers (Customer Success Managers or “CSMs”) using Looker, SQL, and the resources at your disposal.
- Be able to pull data from the database using SQL, make Looker explores, analyze in Google Sheets, then contextualize answers for our clients.
- Use all the data available to you to inform what actions should be taken by individual CSMs (features to promote and behaviors to encourage).
- Do deep, ad hoc analyses for key clients and get buy-in from CSMs and leadership alike.
- Be comfortable project managing various ambiguous org-wide initiatives for senior leadership.
- Work with our Enablement team to improve autonomy of our client-facing teams.
- Support Leads on tools discovery (researching potential tools to better equip our team to manage clients at scale).Manage existing tools and make recommendations for how we can improve upon them and the processes surrounding their use.
- Audit and organize the data-related resources our client-facing teams use.
- Take ownership of existing tools and processes such as account tiering and transitions, making proactive recommendations for improving upon them.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience analyzing structured and unstructured data with a goal of informing business decisions
- Mastery of Excel, SQL, Looker (or comparable data visualization tool), G-Suite, and Salesforce. Ability to conduct analysis solely in Google Sheets is a plus.
- Strong business acumen. Can find the right data to answer an ambiguous question, craft a thesis, write a narrative, and communicate it to non-technical peers.
- Able to work well with client-facing teams, other analysts, and leadership of other teams to solve cross-functional business problems.
- Able to tactfully present to, and make requests of, senior leadership.
- Comfortable constantly learning new software, and seeking out new tools to expand existing processes.
- Experience navigating complex workflow processes, tight timelines, and fluid team structure.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized - able to juggle multiple channels of communication.
- Interest in startups, software, and entrepreneurship.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.