b.well is searching for a Sr Director of Engineering to help them grow their vibrant Healthcare marketplace which is fueled by the power of innovative healthcare solutions & personalized data sciences.
b.well is searching for an experienced Director of Engineering to help us grow our vibrant Healthcare business which is fueled by our consumer experience that is delivered through a world-class Mobile application experience.
If you are seeking an opportunity to apply your Technology & Leadership talents to help fix America’s largest industry challenges, then look no further. As a Director of Engineering at b.well you will be immediately engaged in an opportunity to create impactful Mobile solutions that will delight millions of consumers globally.
What You'll Do
- Deliver Industry leading application experiences to healthcare consumers, who delight in simplicity, efficiency, innovation, and mastery in user experience.
- Support definition and evolution of the strategic vision, strategy, and product that sets the course for the future of the Mobile applications for consumers.
- Collaborate directly with business stakeholders, customers, and cross-functional teams to align and execute on an iterative (agile) plan that continuously delivers customer value through a vibrant marketplace of consumers & providers.
- Attract, hire, and coach high-performing engineering talent with passion for continuous innovation and delivery of great healthcare experiences to consumers.
- Help to Architect and accelerate technologies necessary to enable rapid innovation, & continuous delivery of Mobile applications for the business, while ensuring high-quality, resiliency, and efficiency in operations. .
- Foster an inspirational culture of excellence, learning, and fun..
- 7+ years of experience in technology leadership, creating & delivery of exceptional Mobile experiences to consumers..
- 7+ years of mastered experience in prevalent Mobile & Web application technologies and delivery processes across platforms.
- 7+ years experience leading and coaching high performance talent, amidst startup culture.
- Solid experience leveraging prevalent accelerating technologies including mobile, big data, cloud, machine learning, and open sourcing..
- Solid interpersonal and communication and collaboration skills with proven ability to work across the organization with a one-team mindset..
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-sufficient and ability to find creative solutions at all levels of the business, product, platform, and organization..
- Mastery in applying & coaching technology patterns, frameworks, principles, best practices, and skills across the organization, with bias for customer & business value..
- Mastery in continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous 24x7 operations, and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Obsession with balancing engineering mastery and lean & agile processes where rapid delivery of customer value, quality, and efficiency matters every day.
- Exceptional decision-making, prioritization, and collaboration skills.
Preferred Technology Experience:
- Front-End: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap Framework, AngularJS, NodeJS, GraphQL
- Mobile: iOS, Android, React, Ionic
- Back-End: Django/Python, Flask, RabbitMQ, Celery, Memcache, Spring/Java
- Langs: Python, Scala, Java, JS, and more
- Database: MySQL, Auora, Mongo, ElasticSearchDB, DocumentDB, Redis
- DevOps: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, GitHub, Splunk, DataDog, etc
- APIs: WS, REST, JSON, GQL
Great To Have:
- Experience in digital health and industry especially HL7, FHIR, etcStartup experience, for rapid growth
- Enterprise experience, for platform scale
- Self-starter and ownership attitudes, people motivation
- Level-5 leader with professional will, and humility to quickly adapt (with data)
- Master of Lean-Startup rapid delivery via MVP, AB-Testing, Metrics, Rapid-Learning
- Experience with real-time data-science & data-driven product delivery
- Expertise in Business continuity managing Security, GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, PII, PCI, GDPR, etc
Preferred Technology Experience:
- Networking: Firewall, DNS, Mesh, HTTP, TLS, CDN, LBS, etc
- DataScience: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Snowflake, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikt, Keras, etc.
How to Apply
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, your GitHub account, and why you’d love to help us change the face of healthcare. Please use the subject line: “Apply - Director of Engineering, Mobile Applications & Experience”