Baselime is an early-stage startup creating the future of observability for serverless. Our mission is to help engineering teams of all sizes build better products in the age of serverless.
We are at the dawn of a revolution in software engineering: serverless. We believe serverless infrastructure is the next evolution of cloud computing, and teams adopting it will be equipped with an ever-increasing set of capabilities outperforming traditional cloud technologies.
If you’re a product-minded engineer, looking for a rapidly expanding organisation crafting cutting-edge software solutions in the serverless world while having fun, we want to hear from you.
We are a fully remote company with headquarters in London, UK.
We’re solving multiple exciting Complex tech challenges.
About the team you’ll be joining
The Engineering team at Baselime delivers products that are delightful to use and driven by customer needs. Our platform spans APIs, CLIs, data integrations, data pipelines, and front-end consoles.
We work as self-organising teams, responsible for the full tech stack of our solutions. As well as writing code, you will be involved in every aspect of implementing a successful product including:
- Collaborating with our product managers and designers to design UIs
- APIs, CLIs, and Front-End development.
- Product development (Requirement gathering, Design, Implementation, Testing).
We look to continually improve our development practices and as such, your input and ideas will be important to achieving this.
Your role as Software Engineer (Front-end) at Baselime
You’ll have full ownership over major features, you’ll play a major role in creating the culture of our engineering team, and will be working closely with the founders.
Your key areas of focus will be:
- Implementing compelling, usable UIs; contributing to their design, and engineering them using front-end frameworks.
- Breaking down your projects into clear deliverables, implementing and delivering them with a focus on short feedback loops.
- Writing and running automated tests to shorten your integration cycles and improve code quality.
- Transforming large and complex datasets into beautiful visualisations.
- Supporting developers across product teams on other development tasks as required and mentoring other team members.
- Collaborating with other product teams for seamless client onboarding and a smooth launch.
- Contributing to our ever-evolving Engineering culture.
- Stay up to date with trends in Software Engineering and front-end development.
- Contributing to open-source technologies.
- 3+ years of commercial experience designing and engineering UIs.
- Extensive experience with a major framework (Vue, React, Svelte, Angular, Polymer, Ember, etc.).
- A passion for new technology and an ability to pick up new languages quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a solid understanding of Git and its workflows, and writing test code comes as second nature to you.
- Experience using design patterns to create simple and reusable components for complex UIs.
- Great written and verbal communication skills that allow you to discuss problems and develop solutions with technical and non-technical stakeholders – i.e. you’re used to, and enjoy, working cross-functionally and with external stakeholders.
- Experience in gathering and documenting functional and technical solutions.
What you can expect from Baselime
- An outstanding team culture, where we solve problems together to drive the best possible results.
- A competitive salary and equity options.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Opportunity to drive product development from scratch.
- Fridays are for you to run experiments, try out new tech or fix tech debt. Whichever you want to do, there are no rules.
- A benefits package that includes a professional development budget.
- Location: Remote, based in the UK
- Duration: Full-Time
- Start date: ASAP
- Remuneration: £60k to £80k plus equity
Please note, that at this stage we are not set to sponsor visas.
At Baselime, we consider diversity a strength – inclusion fuels our ability to solve problems we never thought we could. Your application will be considered on its merits, without regard to your race, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or anything else. If there is anything we need to know to enable you to fully participate in our interview process, please just let us know in your application.
How to Apply
If you are interested please send the following details to Boris Tane, CEO of Baselime (email@example.com):
- Your CV
- LinkedIn Profile
- If you are/were working on your own projects in your spare time please provide links