What is Bilt?
Bilt Rewards is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, Bilt Rewards will enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
Bilt Rewards boasts one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through the Bilt Collection, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future down payment.
Bilt has also partnered with Mastercard to create the Bilt Mastercard - the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a Director of Brand Marketing who can lead our brand-building initiatives, brand campaigns, and brand partnerships. You will oversee the ideation and execution of marketing campaigns that increase our brand reach and brand awareness amongst our key demographic (Millennial and Gen Z renters in major cities across the country). In order to accomplish this, you will work with our alliance of rental properties across the country, create new brand partnerships and activations as well as leverage the audiences of our existing loyalty partners (i.e. Soul Cycle, American Airlines, etc).
As a senior leader on the Marketing team, you will also help the CMO develop our marketing strategy, manage the consistency of our brand across all external and internal touchpoints, and ensure the team is operating effectively and efficiently. The ideal candidate is someone who is creative, proactive, organized, collaborative, and able to craft stories and narratives about the Bilt brand. Marketers with strong writing & messaging skills, business development experience, and partnerships experience will be preferred.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to operate in a messy startup environment, work collaboratively across the Bilt team with individuals of all backgrounds, have strong conviction in your ideas, and ability to see things through from start to finish.
In this role you will:
- Develop multi-channel campaign strategies to build the Bilt brand
- Proactively develop campaigns on a frequent basis to increase Bilt’s brand awareness and reach to potential customers
- Own and project manage major brand campaigns
- Ideate and execute on key brand partnerships in order to expand our brand and reach new audiences. This might include fashion brands, fitness brands, exclusive memberships, and others. Responsibilities include coming up with ideas for who Bilt should partner with, outreach to those potential partners, structuring the partnership, developing activation plans for the partnership launch and overseeing the activation (could be events, digital, content-forward, influencer involvement, etc)
- Leverage our loyalty partners to build the Bilt brand - for example, SoulCycle’s social following, American Airlines email list, etc. in order to reach their existing customers and increase their awareness of Bilt
- Collaborate with internal & external teams to ensure consistency of the Bilt brand across all touchpoints
- Oversee the strategic evolution, KPIs, and implementation of marketing plans
- Collaborate closely with design, product, and ops to create client facing assets and ensure alignment across every client touchpoint
- Review growth marketing assets, such as ad copy, landing pages, and funnels to ensure positioning, value props, and personality are focused and aligned
- Monitor trends and competitors to identify new opportunities in our marketing
- Assist in marketing department strategy planning and ensure all departments within marketing (content, lifecycle marketing, art & creative, and communications) are collaborating properly
- Potentially assist CMO in managing future or existing marketing team members
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- 5+ years of branding, content, or product marketing experience at either a marketing agency or early-stage tech company (i.e. Series B or earlier), with measurable results growing a consumer product or company (Fintech a plus, but not required)
- Strong understanding of when, where, and how to use branding and storytelling to take a company to the next level
- Experience with brand partnerships and brand activations to increase awareness
- Have excellent copywriting and communication skills that you can adapt to each medium
Bilt Rewards is a Kairos company. For more information, visit www.kairoshq.com