Biobot’s Contracts & Compliance Manager will work on a growing cross-functional team to negotiate, manage, and ensure compliance with government contracts.
As Biobot’s Contracts & Compliance Manager, you’ll be working on a growing cross-functional team to negotiate, manage, and ensure compliance with government contracts.
We are looking for someone who has considerable experience managing contract procurement and compliance processes, particularly in government (whether within government or for a large company working with government). Ideally, you are intimately familiar with government procurement practices, know how to work with public officials at all levels of government, excellent at educating internal teams on compliance requirements, and have a rigorous attention to detail.
Although the majority of our contracts are with government entities (municipal, county, state, federal), we are rapidly expanding in other sectors. You’ll also help negotiate and manage contracts with other customers such as universities and enterprise.
- Manage all procurement and contracting processes for Biobot.
- Be the primary point of contact for questions regarding contracting both internally and externally.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive list of government contracts to satisfy auditing requirements and improve risk-management.
- Establish an internal control system for internal monitoring and auditing of business practices as required by federal procurement law.
- Establish an internal Code of Business Ethics and Conduct that includes specific rules and requirements applicable to government contracts.
- Establish training programs for employees involved in government contracts that satisfy ethical and regulatory requirements.
- Establish procedures for the review of government solicitations (and Biobot’s response to solicitations) in order to assess compliance risk.
- Minimum 5-10 years working in a government procurement role and/or a government contracting role for a large company.
- You're tactful, strategic, and detail-oriented. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to execute alone.
- Experience working with scientists, engineers, or epidemiologists is a plus.
- Competitive compensation & options.
- Flexible time off policy.
- 75% healthcare coverage. Medical, dental, & vision.
- Team offsite retreats.
- Laptop and equipment.
About Biobot Analytics Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure human health in sewage (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) to understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and have recently launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities. We are operating in almost 400 communities across 42 states, and generating Covid19 case estimates for over 10% of the U.S. population.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the drug epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.