BlockWorks Group is a fast-growing financial media company. We’re most well known for our network of twenty podcasts and our industry leading conferences.
We support our community with insights, access to the brightest minds in the space, and a powerful network for them to engage with. We are currently hiring for sales, marketing, editorial, and more.
As a Brand Partner, you will be part of a growing sales team responsible for sponsorship sales across our event and media assets. Core to the role is helping brands in the space tap into our audience through sponsorships and advertisements. In this role you will work directly with brands such as Coinbase, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, BlockFi, and more.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with 1+ years of media or ad sales experience but are open to all interested candidates.
We are based in New York but this role is remote friendly.
You will work closely with the team to sell advertisements and sponsorships across our podcasts, webinars, newsletters and more.
In your role, you will:
- Work directly with brands on sponsorships and ad campaigns
- Employ an enterprise sales strategy and execution plan for our podcast, webinars, newsletters, and more
- Monitor and exceed key KPIs on sales acquisition and retention, upsells, revenue per customer and other key performance indicators
- Work with sponsors to ensure they are happy – this one’s a big one! We are in the relationship business, so making sure our customers are happy is priority number one
Skills and Competencies
- Experience successfully selling five and six figure deals, ideally to c-level executives and marketers
- 3+ years of sales experience, 1+ years experience in a closing role
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Ability to work a full sales cycle, including researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management.
- Prior experience at a media company or publisher is a plus but not necessary
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role