We are Clara. We exist to help patients access breakthrough clinical trials.
Healthcare can be faceless and overwhelming. But, in the next few years, a wave of patient-centered technology and services will begin to transform the way healthcare is accessed, distributed, and discovered.
At Clara, we’re doing our part by building a platform that combines leading-edge technology and empathetic patient focus to make it simple and approachable to find and connect to clinical trials that fit them best.
In democratizing access to clinical trials for all patients from all socioeconomic backgrounds - while also helping research teams more efficiently reach out to and engage with the patients that they need to participate in their trials - we believe we can help make healthcare more diverse, open, and welcoming.
This is the first step in our mission to provide every single person with the easiest, most supportive and complete access to all of their healthcare options, from learning about the options they have, to actually accessing the one that is best for them, for free.
At Clara, patient-centric design is at the center of everything we do. As a Senior Product Designer at Clara, you will drive the research, design vision, and strategy for key product areas and work closely with our engineering team to ensure a high-quality implementation. You will work fluidly with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process, and collaborate with patients to translate complex needs, technical constraints, and business goals into thoughtful, effective user experiences.
If you are a designer passionate about breaking down the barriers that exist in today’s healthcare landscape, and want to work on difficult, meaningful problems that millions are waiting for solutions to, we would love to talk to you.
- Conduct UX research and usability testing across multiple products
- Leverage UX research insights to communicate your ideas visually
- Create concepts for interactions, ensuring exceptional design quality through clear expectations and attention to detail
- Understand and organize complexities, promoting modern interaction design patterns and best practices
- Work alongside our clinical and engineering teams to own entire projects that help make healthcare efficient, personalized, and empathetic
- Help manage documentation and processes across design
What we value
- Demonstrated excellence in helping teams to successfully solve complex UX problems, and translating research into design decisions
- Extensive experience in product design, leading end-to-end design on projects and partnering with PM and Engineering to define the best possible product experience.
- Well versed in using data and user insights to influence product decisions
- Able to manage your own time on multiple projects, whether working independently or collaboratively with a team
- Confidence in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders
- Inspiring portfolios that demonstrate creativity and are easy to navigate
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma/Sketch and Adobe products
- Experience designing across modalities (e.g. mobile, desktop, print) is a plus
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- Daily lunch
- 401k offered through Human Interest
- Contribution towards fitness membership plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Professional development budget
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
Clara Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.