Cobble is an app that helps couples and friends discover and confirm amazing plans from date-nights to getaways. We publish short-form content on outstanding bars & restaurants, unique events, creative at-home activities, hikes, movies, and much more.
Cobble is seeking local freelance writers to help create our base of content and join as ongoing writers with weekly assignments. The perfect candidate is a witty and smart wordsmith with a keen sense of what makes a place or activity worthwhile and special. Writers will use their personal knowledge of the local culture and light research to write up hundreds of cool spots and activities. If this sounds like a dream, we wanna hear from you.
Each write-up will follow a simple outline and average around 2-3 sentences in length. Writers will have access to a style guide, other internal resources, and a team that is always accessible.
**What to expect **
Writers will have weekly content targets and be paid per piece of content, as well as a monthly retainer to cover meetings and team activities. You will be a big part of a tight-knit editorial team at a fast-growing startup.
While this is a part-time gig, we'd love to create a consistent, long-term working relationship if everyone is happy!
How to apply
If interested, please apply with your interest, experience and a few online writing examples. There will be a brief writing test for all qualified applicants. Our team at Cobble will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team.
**Must have **
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member
- A desire to work in journalism, media, marketing, communications or a related field
- Excellent organizational skills, extremely reliable, and meets deadlines
- Knowledge of local social life and culture
- At least 10 hours/week to write for Cobble
**Nice to have **
- 2+ years of professional writing experience
- Relevant writing samples in food, entertainment, or leisure activities
- BA/BS in Journalism, Media, or Communications or related field
- A niche interest in any relevant subject from baking to live theater
- Ability to adapt to new editorial & technical requirements
Why this job is awesome
- You will be joining a young, energetic, and passionate team
- Work from wherever you want (as long as we can reach you)
- We’re a fast-growing startup with lots of press! See here, here, and here.
- There is little cap on what you can write about and a variety of interesting topics are always available to pick from
- There are opportunities for additional work if you’d like to make more of a commitment or a larger paycheck.