Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
Cohesion is looking for talented software engineers that specialize in .Net to join our rapidly growing startup in our Chicago office located in the Loop. In this position, you will work in a scrum team that is responsible for iterating on new and existing product micro-services and ensuring quality code through automated testing. You will have the opportunity to work with our integration partners and building implementation teams to facilitate smooth onboarding for our rapidly growing portfolio of clients.
What You'll Do
- Iterative development on new and existing product based micro-services in a scrum team.
- Collaborate with the engineering department to discuss current and future architecture.
- Write automated tests to ensure code quality and functionality.
- Encapsulate tools and reusable code as shared libraries to be used across all micro-services.
- Integrate with multiple vendors to help facilitate client onboarding.
- Improve SDLC to increase efficiency of product releases.
- Create proof of concepts for new tools and technologies to facilitate product planning.
- Participate in sprint reviews to demonstrate and take pride in your sprint work.
- Proficiency in .Net Core 2.1/3.1 framework and C# 8.0 language.
- One or more years of experience working on a micro-service driven platform.
- Intimate knowledge of design and architecture paradigms such as Domain-Driven Design, Event-Driven Architecture, CQRS, etc.
- Experience implementing ORM tools such as Entity Framework Core or Dapper.
- Background using relational and document databases.
- Skilled with Git repositories, such GitHub or GitLab.
- Experience using cloud providers to maintain and create new resources.
- Excellent communication skills with a team-oriented mindset.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or two or more years of experience.
- Functional programming experience.
- Familiarity with time-series databases.
- Understanding of IoT platforms and devices.
- High-level knowledge of Building Automation Systems and networks.
- Experience with Azure.
- Proficient at using Kubernetes.
What You Can Expect From Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive wellness stipend program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.