Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Manager/Director of Product Implementation at our Chicago, Illinois headquarters office in the Loop. This position will be responsible to rapidly scale and iterate new products and offerings. Improve and innovate delivery platforms and systems, ensuring that they drive business metrics such as customer and revenue growth. Position content, ideas and products in ways that uniquely appeal to partners and customers.
What You'll Do
- Innovate on product feature offerings including, but not limited to: HVAC controls and scheduling, Digital Twin development, Access Control integrations, Controls and Automations
- Support and coordinate initiatives and projects across the cohesion product lines
- Build on your network of industry experts and suppliers to find new innovative products for the autonomous building vision
- Provide direct communication between product development, implementation and live operation.
- Partner with the Product Development Team to provide ongoing improvement, functionality expansion and optimization of the company’s products.
- Assist in the coordination of Customer Implementation Team practices including requirements gathering, development and test activities including planning, documentation, communication and stakeholder management.
- Work with external partners and collaborators to gather customer needs, provide project updates and drive the delivery of customer data.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to help coordinate software development timelines with broader programs.
- Drive projects through challenges by managing scope, timeline and escalation of issues to technical leads, product managers and senior management.
- Collaborate with Product Development Team to define key features and user stories based on customer expectations and experiences.
- Collaborate with Development, DevOps and Software Quality teams to produce and support all required project deliverables.
- Communicate project status updates to stakeholders.
- Communicate and coordinate with customer program managers to set expectations, coordinate development backlog and ensure aligned customer communications.
- Support the company’s business development and sales activities as a subject matter expert
- BS in related field of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Software Development with at least 10+ years of proven, relevant experience
- Expertise in HVAC and/ or building automation controls
- Experience with project management tools like Jira
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to relate technical concepts to disparate audiences
- Good knowledge, capabilities and skills in prototype ideation and development
- Ability to work out creative and innovative solutions. Must possess excellent scenario thinking, communication and analytical skills.
- Enthusiastic and with a service attitude and interested in working with a motivated startup team.
- Able to assess market conditions and technological innovations, think and act strategically and proactively, and convert strategic visions into actionable plans
- Able to participate in business development activities including sales engineering meetings
- Conducts business with honesty, personal integrity, and respect
- Able to effectively multitask in a dynamic, fast paced startup environment, working as both a self-starter and a reliable team player
- Has high self-awareness with an ability to receive and provide feedback
- Experience and proficiency with HTML5 and CSS3
What You Can Expect From Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive wellness stipend program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.