Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a Mobile Android Developer to join our rapidly growing team in our Chicago office.
What You'll Do
- Employ industry best practices to continuously improve coding practices and test-driven development within an agile development framework.
- Present audience-appropriate concepts and insights at all levels of a software organization (CxO, architect, technical team).
- Lead, collaborate and mentor team members for their continued career growth
- Create proof of concepts to try new technologies and tools before adding them to current tech stack
- Write high-quality, maintainable and reusable code using best practices (unit testing, source control, and design patterns)
- Act as a communication bridge between globally distributed teams.
- Implement Robust processes to deploy code from a code repository to the cloud.
- Empower and support development teams to stay agile with automated Ops processes
- Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables
- Improve SDLC for added developer efficiency. i.e., Automate everything
- 5+ years of working experience in Android mobile development
- Understanding of mobile iOS development
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience with Firebase and Crashlytics
- Experience with Google Frameworks
- Understanding of Rest API and graphql
- Experience with security protocols – Oauth2.0 and OIDC
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) and Tools (Jira, Confluence, BaseCamp)
- Experience with various Git flows and tools (e.g., GitHub, GitLabs, VSTS)
- Knowledge of Implementing Code analysis tools, secured programming techniques, distributed logging, and performance tests.
- Experience working on white labeling apps
- Bluetooth, beacon and location experience
- Mobile iOS experience
- Experience with developing IoT systems on edge and in the cloud.
What You Can Expect From Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone and wellness stipend after 6 months of employment
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance.
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status