Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
About Coinbase Design Systems
The Visual Design team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products and marketing across the entirety of the company. We’re building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
As a Visual Designer you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by creating stunning visuals and scalable visual systems across our suite of products that help people understand how to use cryptocurrency. You’ll work closely with Product Designers, UX Researchers, Marketing Communications, Product Managers, and Engineering teams to help build simple, easy-to-use experiences that express the Coinbase brand and values.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Create design deliverables in support of product, brand, and marketing teams
- Developing original creative that is informed by strategy, research, and integrated between touch points and product experiences
- Up leveling the design and quality of the Visual Design team by bringing inspired ideas to the table and guiding those ideas through to fruition with attention to detail
- Create, maintain, and distribute easy to use components for our design system
- Produce clear specs that advocate our design language system
- QA work to ensure designs and creative assets are polished and ready for implementation handoff or final delivery
- Partner daily with cross functional partners including marketing, product, engineering, and research
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years of visual design experience in a product and/or marketing setting
- Proficient visual designer and storyteller. You aspire to develop work that is of the highest quality.
- Highly conceptual thinking in visual and interaction design and it shows in your portfolio
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of consistency, typography, color, design systems, and attention to detail
- Demonstration of inclusive design principles and interest in accessibility best practices
- You are a people person and love to collaborate
- Experience creating and maintaining both product and brand design systems
- Self directed, solution oriented, and ability to work autonomously
- Thrives in fast-paced (sometimes ambiguous) environment
- Communicative, organized, and achieve consistent results
- Proven cross functional skills and experience in stakeholder management
- Proficiency in the following design tools: Figma and Adobe Suite
- Low ego and open-minded
Nice to haves:
- Ability to automate workflows
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Principle, Invision, Framer, After Effects)
- Motion design
- Asset creation: icons, illustrations, and UI
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.