About the opportunity
As a Group Product Manager for Platform, you’ll be responsible for shaping the future of our platform, discovering opportunities for expanding its value and capabilities, and guiding the process of scaling up our platform as we grow. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams to find the right solutions to complex problems and bring them to market. This position you will pair with the Engineering Director of Platform and Infrastructure, leading a key group within our Product Development organization.
Key experience includes:
- A depth understanding of the cloud ecosystem and market
- Ability to work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Design and GTM teams to bring new services and solutions to market
- Experience launching new platform products and services and ensuring their success over the long term by iterating and driving consistent improvement
- You’ll also be responsible for ensuring we reach our compliance and security goals across the platform by working closely with our security and compliance team.
What to expect?
- Drive the direction of the Platform infrastructure group and ensure consistency on the security and compliance roadmap across the platform
- Lead, coach and inspire a growing team of Product Managers to ensure they are successful in their role
- Help establish scope and success criteria for projects and work together with Product Managers inside cross-functional teams to identify key trade-offs and decisions to be made
- Manage and collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Customer Success and Sales to ensure we are aligned across the full customer journey
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and UX researchers to prioritize and balance short-term priorities and longer-term strategic needs
- Outline high level user scenarios that connects strategic initiatives with projects inside cross-functional teams
- Contribute to a PM culture that shares user insights, learnings and research findings early, often and well.
What you need to be successful?
- You have been working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding how to scale platforms in high growth environments
- You have experience working with Marketing and Sales on supporting Go-to-market strategies
- You have experience managing other Product Managers including coaching, mentoring, and being responsible for their development
- Your written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- You’re able to work as part of a leadership team while acting independently within your own team to achieve the desired outcomes
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to collaborate and build consensus across different roles, organizational levels and personalities
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.