This position is one of the first touch-points that our customers and potential prospects will have with the Contentful brand. This role requires an energetic, organized, and motivated individual to research and understand the marketplace as well as how Contentful can help organizations drive digital transformation and best-in-class customer experiences. As a Sales Development Representative, you will gain experience interacting with customers of all levels across a variety of industries. You will work closely with assigned Regional Sales Executives and supporting teams to hunt new business within the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) and Dutch markets.
Part of this unique opportunity includes attending our Contentful training program. This is a program that is focused on enabling future all-star sellers within our organization. This is a multi-step learning and skill development program with hands-on training. The program consists of multiple levels, which gives more responsibility and earning potential.
What to expect?
- Gain in-depth knowledge of customers, industry, Contentful’s solution offerings
- Effectively manage campaigns and reach out to new prospects
- Lead generation activities including strategic research on LinkedIn, among other hunting tools and outbound prospecting, calling, emailing, and social outreach
- Book at least 1 sales appointment per day and input all activities in CRM
- Send weekly activity reports to sales leadership
- Collaborate with assigned Account Executives, handing off qualified prospects
- Educate AEs on the complete qualification meeting details (SALs)
- Successfully meet or exceed opportunity and pipeline targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Build relationships with decision-makers and key executives in all industries and verticals
What you need to be successful?
- 1 to 3 years of sales, Lead Generation, Marketing, SaaS experience preferred
- Strong team player with a self-starter attitude
- Must have BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience in Sales or Sales Development
- Enthusiastic, engaging communicator comfortable working with large groups
- Excellent demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- A positive outlook with a “scoreboard mentality” of wanting visible and measurable success
- Excellent listening skills and coachability
- Ability to stay flexible and productive in a fast-changing environment with multiple priorities
- Fluent English and Dutch language skills
- Experience supporting the Benelux market is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we? Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.