CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
This position will assist our Director of Culinary with the day to day requirements of managing the culinary departments of a food manufacturing operation in Brooklyn, NY. The candidate will work mainly in the kitchens and the receiving warehouse verifying quality control, monitoring staff and assisting with compliance of HACCP & GMP.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee the operation of the culinary department including the food safety team, receiving team, porters, cleaning team
- Scheduling and maintaining the labor cost in goal range
- Pre-shift meetings with team to communicate goals and areas of focus
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in English reading and writing
- Experience in a food facility, preferred
- Must be able to work independently
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds if required
- Must be flexible with work hours and able to work weekends if required, we are a 24 hour operation and offer a variety of shifts
- Must be able to perform basic computer tasks including MS Office
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!