CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
Critically support CookUnity's nationwide expansion efforts, particularly for GTM launches and to gain experience of the new market development cycle.
As an Expansion Associate, you're a crucial player in bringing new CookUnity markets around the country (Starting with Austin, TX!) to ensure the success of our urban kitchen launchpads, while gaining exposure to operations, entrepreneurship, culinary product and business development. The position requires traveling.
This is an exciting position that gets to hop from one iconic culinary city to the next -- pollinating our mission to keep chefs at the center of our daily nourishment and well-being.
- Travel between our different locations (New York, Austin and Los Angeles) to ensure our expansion operations are working smoothly.
- Contribute to the strategic decision-making, rigorous project planning, and entrepreneurial approach required to set up CookUnity operations in a new market as well as our GTM expansion playbook.
- Serve as a trusted point of contact for our facility, vendor and chef partners.
- Manage timelines, tasks and budgets, ensuring that our team is getting the information they need to build.
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass amounts of proprietary data to generate insights and make business recommendations to increase our likelihood of success.
Within 60 days, you'll:
Take ownership of timelines and budget tracking for LA, Austin.
Within 6 months, you'll:
Substantially project manage a new city launch and become a trusted point of contact for our external partners (chefs, vendors, distributors, and facilities).
Within a year, you'll:
Successfully lead the execution a new market launch from beginning to end.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a City Launcher or Project Manager.
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Excellent communicator with a knack for always finding the right tone.
- Bachelor's Degree required, we welcome a variety backgrounds (Hospitality Administration, Economics, Real Estate, Facilities Engineering) and you love digging deep into the data and connecting the dots.
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement and/or leadership.
- You are aligned with our mission and are passionate about changing the way we eat!
- You are an Excel/Google Sheets whiz and are comfortable with BI and E-Commerce Tools (Tableau, Magento).
- You are both a task master and a kind enforcer.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- PTO & Paid sick days.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals added to your account, monthly.
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!