CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Kitchen Manager responsible for the on-going day-to-day operation of our kitchen located in Brooklyn, representing CookUnity as the face and voice of the brand and a culture setter for new hires.
On a daily basis, you'll be responsible for recipe consistency, production, food safety, quality control, packaging training, and organizing cleaning duties. You will also be responsible for the successful packaging and execution of allergy meals, which requires close attention to detail.
As Kitchen Manager you'll be strongly collaborating with Fulfillment and Logistics departments focusing on providing the best experience for our eaters/customers. You'll play a key role in growing our 260,000 meals delivery per month to 2MM deliveries.
Success for this role is to become a partner, an ally, to our chef community making sure they have everything they need to execute an optimal menu strategy. Key to the role will also be positioning kitchen operations for growth.
This role reports to the Culinary Sr. Manager.
This is a full-time hire.
- Help hire, train and manage kitchen staff, organizing their tasks and verifying completion
- Manage daily & weekly workflow, pace and efficiency of the team. Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports
- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand. Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory counts
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process
- Operate facility in accordance with our HACCP plan. Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations. Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized
- Collaborate with recipe testing and Chef's onboarding
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Restaurant / Food Manufacturing / High Volume Commercial Kitchen
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations
- Experience working with and sourcing local, sustainable & organic ingredients
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills. Being able to speak conversational Spanish is strongly preferred.
- NY Food Handlers License
- Health Insurance coverage
- PTO & Paid sick days
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals added to your account, monthly
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!