CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We're always open and interested to meet amazingly talented Engineers that love what they do and are excited to share the projects they're into. We know that joining a startup is not only about hard skills. It's also about the right timing, understanding that, more often than not, a rolling-up-your-sleeves attitude is what it takes to make things done, but most important of all you have a strong desire to make an impact in other people's lives.
So if you think you are ready to dive in, let's move forward. And if you don't, but you're interested in learning what the future means to us let's move forward too!
This is our current stack:
Frameworks: ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS, GraphQL, GIT
Database: MySQL y MongoDB
Infrastructure: AWS -> EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, RDS
Here are some of the things you’ll help us with:
- Iterating on new and existing features to improve user experience and performance.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Improving the maturity of our technical stack with engineering best practices.
- Being part of the code review process and helping to mentor other engineers.
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder, removing roadblocks, and repair technical issues.
- You have experience designing and building web applications and participated in the whole cycle of the project.
- Understand how to interact with and build backend REST APIs.
Knowledge of mobile apps, such as React Native it's a big plus.
- Enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands.
- USD compensation.
- 3 week vacation.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Company notebook.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!