We are a fast-growing and well-funded FinTech startup that has the rare opportunity to build a successful company and do some good in the world at the same time. We are looking for an exceptional mid-senior level backend engineer to join our product team. This role will be focused on engineering high-quality back end product feature solutions for the Copper mobile consumer application.
Did you know that nearly 80% of adults in the U.S. live paycheck to paycheck? The problem starts early: there are 35 million teenagers in the U.S. that are not well-served by current banks and receive almost no financial education. For parents and teens, navigating the conversation around finances is both daunting and frustrating, making money the #1 cause of conflict between parents and teens within the home.
Copper banking is the first of its kind, all-digital banking platform for teenagers and their parents. Copper teaches teens how to make smart financial decisions by developing patterned behaviors in a digital experience. Come join us to make a meaningful difference in people's lives!
What to expect in your role
You will be joining a small, tight-knit team that has built successful venture-backed businesses in the past, and are excited to do it again.
In this role you will work with product, engineering, and design teams to develop product feature solutions for the Copper mobile consumer application. You will design and implement back end functionality to support product priorities. Your solutions will be shipped and used by thousands of users every day. Most importantly your work will have a direct impact on the lives and financial well-being of our customers.
This role is fully remote (US only) and reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and design teams to define and implement technical feature requirements
- Implement back end feature solutions and associated functional tests
- Ship meaningful code in an iterative agile environment
- Collaborate cross functionality with other teams, departments, and leadership
- Review data to advocate for priorities that are aligned with business goals
- Advocate and lead by example for highly testable and composable code
What your experience looks like
- 5+ years development experience on a modern tech stack
- Preferably Typescript with Node/React Native and AWS
- Proven ability to build scalable, maintainable, and performant experiences and systems using modern development practices
- Excellent communication skills and experience working within an agile team
- A startup mentality: you understand that we have a lot to figure out and plans will change. You will roll with the punches and work with the team to help us overcome the challenges we will face
Benefits & Perks
- We offer competitive cash and equity compensation
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services and entering at the ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.