Course Hero is scaling! The Course Hero Design team is looking for an experienced product design leader to help us revolutionize the way that we support our students as they master new topics on their way towards graduation. We want to develop longer-term relationships with our students and educators and so we require a dynamic, creative, hands-on design leader with deep knowledge of how to drive engagement & retention. In this role, you will also be responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring other designers and for helping to establish a team culture in which designers can do their very best work.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering leadership to contribute to our vision, strategy, and product roadmap. You’ll lead complex design initiatives that facilitate mastery of concepts and courses. In this way you will continuously help us increase the value that we deliver to our students and educators
- Create a customer-focused culture throughout our company. You’ll partner with our User Research and Analytics & Data Science teams to understand students’ study behavior, and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
- Be an active manager & mentor for designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth. You will hire & onboard new designers for our team, attracting top talent and managing performance to help us build a world-class design team
- Lead our efforts to make our experience as mobile-friendly and cross-platform as possible, for example by contributing to our design system and shared set of design principles across the team
- Be one of the public faces of the Course Hero design team, evangelizing our brand in the public forums that you gravitate toward naturally
Are you our next Director of Product Design?
- 3+ years of experience managing a design team in a fast-growing company
- 10+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role designing cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, and other channels such as email
- Have a track record of using design to produce measurable business results & customer value
- Successfully launched habit-forming products that customers love and/or products that excel at helping users discover new content
- Systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more. You have experience iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration & radical candor
- Outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Passion for evolving education to help more students graduate, more confident & more prepared
- Strong experience helping companies adopt user-centered design processes and establishing shared creative problem-solving practices across product teams
- Experience with marketplace products
- Experience designing products powered by Machine Learning and AI
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared.
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page