Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, data-motivated Lead Product Manager – SEO to own key parts of our SEO roadmap. SEO is at our core. With over 500 million visits per year, 100M+ indexed pages, 100M+ users/year, and an Alexa top ~200 US ranking, we are one of the most visited sites in the world.
In this role, together with the SEO subject matter authority team, you’ll prioritize the SEO roadmap, optimize the product, come up with big bets on how to increase our traffic, run experiments, analyze lots of data, and build and execute a cohesive SEO strategy. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources and collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams.
If you enjoy having a major impact at a corporate level while also helping students graduate around the globe, this role is for you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Develop, prioritize, and be responsible for the execution of our SEO roadmap alongside dedicated engineers
- Define, supervise and move KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO and product health
- Collaborate with SEO Strategists to develop winning SEO tactics and strategies that improve the organic search transparency of the product
- Partner with Data Science, Engineering, AI and UX Research to achieve product goals
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-motivated approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health
- Run tons of SEO A/B tests, evaluate experiment results and push forward next steps at a rapid pace
- Keep tabs on the SEO landscape, including algorithm updates, standard methodologies, emerging trends, and competitor techniques
Are you our next Senior Product Manager for our Tutoring Platform?
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 2+ years of SEO experience
- Managed large sites (over 1 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Ability to articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical specialists)
- Experience running A/B tests and shown success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Ability to not only deal with change but to be pushing for change with passion and creative problem-solving
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Botify/DeepCrawl, OnCrawl, SERPmetrics, etc.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing
- Scrum or other agile experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.