Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to help lead the redesign of our student experience over the next 12-24 months. You will be one of the key drivers of bringing a newer, better student experience to life for our documents and for other key forms of our content.
This is a full-time role located in Vancouver, Canada.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to our Student Document Experience team’s vision and strategy and lead highly visible and impactful projects
- Act as a strategic partner to Product Managers to break down complex, ambiguous problems into sophisticated solutions, and partner closely with engineers to build and deliver high-quality digital products
- Partner with our User Research team to understand students’ study behavior, and demonstrate qualitative and quantitative data to build thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
- Design end-to-end user experiences through collaborative brainstorming, user journeys, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished visual design comps using Figma or other tools
- Build interactions across various media including web, mobile, and email and develop working prototypes to demonstrate your ideas & concepts
- Present work and communicate design decisions to partners with confidence and clarity to capture feedback, iterate on and refine design solutions
- Iterate on your products post-launch based on insights on how they are performing in the real world
- Encourage and grow our teammates by serving as a mentor and helping the team deliver designs of the highest quality
- Help evangelize human-centered design approaches all over the company
Are you our next Lead Product Designer?
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability in a leading individual contributor role crafting cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, and other channels such as email
- Several years of consumer / B2C design experience. This should include experience launching habit-forming products that customers love. Bonus points if you are familiar with design for multi-sided marketplace products and user-generated content. Share your expertise including your visual design acuity through your outstanding portfolio
- Consider yourself a strategic & creative systems problem solver - able to understand a complex system, able to turn sophisticated consumer problems into simple and engaging products, able to think strategically about business problems and invent UX concepts to solve them. Able to present the rationale for design decisions, including in the process of winnowing down a list of concepts and deciding which elements belong in the final design to support specific use cases.
- Pride yourself in being a hands-on designer - comfortable with all phases of the design process from high-level concepts down into the smallest UI details.
- Feel proficient working in a fast paced agile environment and collaborating with other designers product managers, engineers, UX researchers, data analysts, customer support teams, marketers, and more.
- Demonstrate proven track record of iterating on products post-launch based on user data about how the designs are performing.
- Enjoy excellent communication skills & effective leadership style with entrepreneurial candor, growth mentality.
- Passion for education and social impact mission
- Experience crafting products powered by Machine Learning
- Experience driving the design of at least one mobile app for both iOS & Android
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full private medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement savings program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings
- Team lunches
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Social responsibility program (volunteer hours and donation matching program)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Us:Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
Join us on our mission!