Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, data-driven SEO expert to help lead and drive our SEO efforts. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources to tackle SEO at scale. We have 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ pageviews/year, 100M+ users/year, and are an Alexa top ~200 US site.
The SEO team is a key part of our growth strategy. We are a company that understands SEO: It is in our DNA, and the way we communicate about growth.
If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on hundreds of thousands of keywords and working on millions of pieces of new, unique and SEO-friendly content, this role IS for you!
- Develop a strategic roadmap that will result in organic traffic growth
- Work with engineering counterparts to make sure strategic direction is being realized, i.e. answer clarifying questions, verify solutions meet the goals
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO health and understand organic search performance
- Perform large-scale keyword research and search market analysis
- Identify SEO best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Evaluate experimental results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark Course Hero’s performance against theirs
- Gather and draw insights from data that can help define areas of SEO optimization
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-driven approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 8+ years of SEO experience
- Managed large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Track record of earned business wins through SEO
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action.
- Ability to articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical experts)
- Ability to deal with change, given your passion for innovation and creative problem-solving
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiar with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, DeepCrawl, Botify, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Us:Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
Join us on our mission!