Course Hero is scaling! We’re looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to drive key projects, mentor team members, deal with fast-changing business needs, and help continuously improve our software systems. You’ll thrive in an engaging, high-growth environment, with a collaborative, learning-focused culture. Our engineers have complete autonomy and independence to innovate.
You’ll lead the effort to build out many of our front-end applications. And you’ll build out a React UI component framework that can be leveraged by our entire engineering organization.
The Educator and Student Experience team is responsible for the entire user experience after account creation (search and discovery, Q&A, study tools, document management, and more). Along with leading the effort to build out a vast majority of our front-end applications, this role would also include building out a React UI component framework that can be leveraged by the entire engineering organization.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Work with PMs and designers to define constraints, and architect elegant solutions to complex problems
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify best practices for architecture, performance, and accessibility
- Drive adoption by mentoring other engineers
- Work independently to plan, estimate, and prioritize tasks
- Proactively communicate updates to stakeholders
- Develop products that help students learn and graduate
Are you our Senior Software Engineer?
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years developing web applications that handle complex data requirements and scale gracefully across different browsers and devices
- Experience with React, especially in combination with Typescript, would be a big plus
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- An appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions
- A deep sense of product ownership
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures