Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for an experienced Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join Course Hero. The current shift in education due to the lockdown has resulted in an acute shift in how students learn. As Course Hero is evolving to help students with their new needs, you, as part of the Growth Marketing Pod, will get to help students to get unstuck in their learning journey and engage with our evolving learning platform in a better way.
Our unique collective action framework enables students to subscribe or contribute their own resources to earn a Netflix-like subscription to more than 40 million course materials, tutoring, and support resources.
As an early member of this high priority pod, you’ll be working in a scrappy, entrepreneurial team within the company and have the opportunity to help define how we operate.
Here are some ways you will make an impact!
- Will get to partner with product and marketing managers to engineer a solution for driving user acquisition and monetization. For example, you may work on building a scalable solution for sending recommendation emails to users based on their interests.
- Will get to design, implement, test, and improve the systems to support growth marketing efforts such as data instrumentation, 3rd party platform integrations, A/B testing platforms, and program generation tools.
- Will help improve the performance and reliability of existing features. For example, you may have to improve on existing features for internationalization.
Are you our next Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer?
- Problem solver who can work independently in a high pace environment
- Software engineer who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks and prioritize them based on the needs of the business
- Familiarity with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud technologies is a plus
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures