Course Hero is scaling! We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer - SEO to join our team!
Our engineering teams release code every day to millions of people, so we're looking for someone who can embrace challenges, design new systems, and iterate quickly. Our projects are big - many terabytes of data and millions of users around the world - but our teams are small, so you’ll see projects from start to finish and work closely with product and analysts to ensure successful results. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business & Organic Growth (SEO) needs.
On the technical front, we are migrating our platform to microservices. Join our talented team to build modern apps using React and Go microservices. This is a unique opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and features at scale.
- Identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Design complex systems and lead technical solutions
- Mentor junior engineers
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
Are you our next SEO Engineer?
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- You have a passion for problem solving and ability and willingness to learn fast.
- You have a strong understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- You are detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities.
- You work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- You have an appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions.
- You have a deep sense of ownership.
- You have experience with A/B testing.
- You are familiar with tools such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Screaming Frog.
- You have Scrum or other agile experience.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
We are a virtual-first company and have employees dispersed throughout the United States and Canada. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in our bonus program and may be offered an equity award, benefits, and other types of compensation.
This role is eligible for hire in the San Francisco Bay Area (US), Vancouver (Canada), and Toronto (Canada).
In accordance with California law, the base salary for this role if filled within California is $132,000 - $178,000.
For positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Other locations: IL, MA, NJ.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate, confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
Join us on our mission!