CSIRT.global is an international, fast growing not-for-profit organisation, bringing CSIRT to those who don't have access to it. We are growing at an incredible pace and are now looking for a senior head of Research to join the team.
Every single volunteer at CSIRT.global believes the internet needs help, and we cannot think within contraints like borders. That's why we, next to our often demanding jobs, invest time and effort to the good cause. We believe in giving opportunities, friendship, learning and sharing, while being very much aware of the confidentiality of the data we process.
The head of Research:
Research is a new function in our organisation. So your job will be to shape the role, as much as it is to perform it.
- Plans and coordinates all activities of the Research department.
- Manage the Research department and its associated staff and budget.
- Directs and supervises the volunteers with the staff.
- Ensures the recruitment of new researchers and supporting staff.
- Responsible for the strategic goal of the organization.
- Ensures that researchers follow the code of conduct.
- Coordinate the strategic planning process with the CSIRT department.
- Participate in the strategic and operational management of the organization.
- Attends the management meetings.
What we're looking for:
Note that these are guidelines rather than demands; attitude. and ability to execute are at least as important for us.
- College / University; Degree: Bachelor or master’s degree; Subjects: Information Technology, Cyber Security, Networking or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of cyber security experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT management.
- Experience of working in a similar role, preferably in a multicultural organization
- Ability to understand and interpret complex data and information
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple research cases concurrently and work across teams to develop the processes required for complex projects
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication skills and excellent practical security and management skills
- Proven ability to be proactive, prioritize a complex workload, and work to tight deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Evidenced ability to present complex findings to audiences of all levels
- Self-motivated with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive data and information
- Have an interest in volunteer organizations and ideally have previously worked for one.
- A self-starter, capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision, and a team player at heart.