About us Buying a domain name is needlessly complicated. And selling domains? Not much easier.
So we started Dan! The no-nonsense domain trading platform.
We’re on a mission to make domain name trading available to everyone. Easy, fast and secure. And, most importantly: transparently. Because we believe transparency is the key to a better domain world.
How we work We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at Dan moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our people are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Product Designer As Product Designer you will play a key role in creating and packaging our tools at Dan. In order to give our customers an experience they can’t get enough of, we depend on our Designers to innovate and optimise every element of our brand. Whether it’s product design or creating storytellings through meaningful and powerful animations, our Design team is responsible for pushing it forward.
You’ll not only work within the Product Design Team and Product division to define the language, visuals, and strategies for our products. With your fellow designers, you’ll develop and expand product design systems and design frameworks in a highly collaborative environment where everyone’s input is valued.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and users to design simple, elegant flows and interfaces that help solve complex user problems.
- Work along with other designers to facilitate usability test and other types of research.
- Anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final design surprises and delights them.
- Help maintain our internal style guide, develop style guides for other products and continually raise our bar for quality.
- Craft product experiences that seamlessly bridge multiple touchpoints, from desktop to mobile interfaces.
- Ship, measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
What you’ll bring
- We're looking for Designers with a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in product design or UX design field.
- Portfolio demonstrating complete mastery in the development of web and mobile interfaces.
- You have experience designing for business and developer-focused products, creating experiences, and working for different devices.
- You have experience with usability test, UX research methods and complex design systems.
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow, ability to work in an agile environment and communicate ideas to developers and stakeholders, acting in all aspects of design.
- You are entirely capable of creating prototypes of your designs using Figma.
Psst … some added perks
- Top notch equipment
- Free lunch and healthy snacks, every day. Yup, you read that right!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- Company and team outings (from dinners and paintball to gaming and movie nights — and everything in between)
- A game room for our Fifa tournaments
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from all over the world!
Are you interested? If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the Dan team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Before applying please make sure you are eligible to work in the Netherlands, unfortunately, we do not sponsor any work visa or permits for this position.