Datakrew is looking for IoT Deployment Managers who can analyze large-scale IoT projects holistically and determine the best deployment methodology. We are looking for candidates willing to commit to long-term engagement with us.
Talent at Datakrew: IoT Deployment Manager
Role: IoT Deployment Manager
Location: Pune, India
Term: Full time
Reporting to: Head of Solutions
Datakrew is an innovative deep technology company with strong roots in IoT, AI & data security founded by industry veterans and PhDs. We are headquartered in Singapore, with regional offices in Bangalore and Pune. We are venture-backed by leading investors from Japan, Singapore, USA, and India. At Datakrew, we are building a no-code IoT platform with the tools for companies to develop, deploy and manage omnichannel enterprise IoT solutions rapidly i.e., within 48 hours! Secure and robust IoT solutions built on our platform have been deployed in multiple sectors – such as Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime, Buildings, Transportation, etc. The solutions range across asset tracking, condition monitoring, energy management, predictive maintenance, performance warnings, decision insights, etc.
Today, our team has a combined experience of over 100 years in the IoT, AI, and cybersecurity space, and we are excited to grow our family as we embark upon a journey to transform ourselves from an IoT/AI startup to an industry leader within this decade. “By 2030, 25% of the world’s IoT data will flow through Datakrew” – this is our goal.
We welcome you to join us in this journey where we will work together to make history! You will be challenged and presented with opportunities to grow, and we will back you even if you fail – because we will count on your attitude more than your skills. We have a diverse, collaborative environment where problem-solving is a team sport and creative solutions are recognized and rewarded. Does this sound like the right team for you? Apply today! #togetherwecan
We are looking for IoT Deployment Managers who can analyze large-scale IoT projects holistically and determine the best deployment methodology using state-of-the-art technology and safety standards. In this role, you will need to be technically sound and capable of implementing rock-solid end-to-end deployment plans to solve complex business problems. You must be an excellent communicator, coordinate between all stakeholders and deliver top-quality project deployment within project timelines. You must be focused on excellence; taking the initiative to improve both yourself and the team through continuous learning and questioning the status quo. We are looking for a candidate willing to commit to long-term engagement with Datakrew. As we back you, we expect you to back us!
Day-to-Day Responsibilities for IoT Deployment Manager
- Analyze and understand business requirements of enterprise IoT projects from customers in different verticals (such as manufacturing, oil & gas, agriculture, buildings, smart cities, etc.).
- Prepare field deployment plan, participate in customer meetings, interact with customers, and explain deployment approach to customers.
- Liaise with IoT Solution Architect and Head of Solutions to determine deployment methodology, challenges, and contingencies using state-of-the-art technology and safety standards.
- Assist the Head of Solutions to prepare & document project deployment plans of multiple customers in phases (proof-of-concept, pilot, scale-up) with timeline, key milestones, project deliverables & KPIs, and external dependency items.
- Study data sheets of different IoT hardware from different vendors, and compare them based on technology, certification, logistics, support, and cost for the indented customer deployment.
- Research, shortlist, interact, and onboard different deployment partners (System Integrators and EPC companies) for field engineering services for a target customer solution within constraints of cost, language, geography, certifications, expertise, support, and track record of the partner.
- Prepare documentation such as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Method Statement, Risk Assessment Report, etc.
- Communicate effectively with the deployment partners and guide them through documentation, web-calls, telephone calls, and physical site visits (national and international).
- Perform cost-benefit analysis of proposed deployment approach and assist in pricing decisions.
Overall Responsibilities for IoT Deployment Manager
- Play a vital role in leading and growing Datakrew’s IoT Solutions team in order to develop competency in delivering IoT solutions to customers from different geographies.
- Contribute to techno-commercial and managerial decisions across various systems through design, development, deployment, and operation to ensure customer success.
- Provide turnkey solutions to customers by developing an overall framework and process to support onsite installation & commissioning of IoT projects including hardware and software.
- Liaise with the Head of Solutions and CBO to facilitate business growth and new revenue streams through the use of technology resources.
- Drive integration and standardization in the processes and structure relating to the Solutions team.
- Stay updated about industry trends in IoT, AI, and cybersecurity technologies, and competitors building competing products or offering competing solutions; and present to the CXOs.
- Work independently or in a group and take up project responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate issues and request resolution from the Head of Solutions.
Required Qualifications for IoT Deployment Manager
- 4+ years of technology leadership experience with track records of building scalable and quality systems and growing engineering teams with multiple functions.
- 3+ years of leadership experience engaging with senior stakeholders (CXO level).
- Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate business needs.
- Hands-on IoT engineering skills and the ability to jump in anytime to make necessary strategic technical changes in design and implementation.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IoT sensors, PLC, SCADA, DCS, electronic product design, hardware testing, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge experience of industrial protocols such as Modbus, CANbus, Profibus, OPC UA, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English to engage a variety of large audiences, internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any relevant discipline.
Good to have, but not mandatory:
- Experience with IoT standards and communication protocols like MQTT, HTTPs, CoAP, etc.
- Experience with communications channels such as WiFi, Zigbee, BLE, NB-IoT, Sigfox, LoRaWAN, etc.
- Familiar with wiring & interfacing protocols such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience in development boards e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Edison, NodeMCU, etc.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Datakrew is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Please mail your details to HR: Ms. Sushmita of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest.