dbt Labs is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to folks based anywhere in the United States.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. We’re looking for a product manager to drive forward development of the dbt experience team and the IDE.
Today, dbt Cloud has made meaningful strides to support the development, deployment, and discovery of datasets in modern data warehouses like BigQuery, Snowflake, and Redshift. By leveraging dbt Core (open source), dbt Cloud provides novel and compelling user interfaces into the modern analytics workflow. This cross-functional role will require coordination across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer success.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that: --> Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic --> Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers --> Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open-source software --> Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we've built a community of 15,000+ people and 5,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt, has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series C: read the announcement here!
In this role, you can expect to...
- Drive the delivery of dbt Cloud’s Developer Experience capabilities and translate the product roadmap into clear and precise product requirements. You'll set goals, manage priorities, and measure outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with customers to collect feedback and synthesize out product requirements.
- Work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and sales to prioritize, build, and ship enterprise-grade functionality to some of the largest and most sophisticated data teams on the planet.
You are a good fit if you...
- You have experience in product and project management or deep experience in a related function (eg. analytics, open source)
- You're excited to balance product innovation with sales-, community- and customer success-driven feedback
- You are comfortable discussing, explaining and reasoning about dbt project development best-practices
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You have experience using or building data tools
You'll have an edge if...
- You have previous experience working with dbt
- You have previous experience working with modern data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Spark, Presto, etc)
Compensation & Benefits...
- Salary: $130,000-$155,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
What to expect in the hiring process:
- An introductory call with a member of our People Ops team
- A deep dive into the role and our product with our Chief Product Officer
- Panel interviews with members from our product, design and engineering teams
- Finally, a wrap-up interview with our CEO