Explore life-changing ideas and skills. Get smarter and upgrade yourself, reading just 5 minutes every day. Join 500k+ others and install our app now.
Deepstash is one of the hottest startups right now. Created by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, Deepstash helps millions of people across the globe to discover life changing ideas. We develop mobile and web apps and work on becoming one of the forces for good in this world.
We are a small team so:
- Passion for the problem is our fuel. Every day is a struggle, but we keep an eye on the prize. We are passionate about helping people learn and improve themselves and that’s what keeps us going.
- We find a way or a make a way. We have problems to solve and making up excuses doesn’t help us.
- We thrive in uncertainty, as we have more questions than answers. Not problems, but opportunities to learn new things.
Our tech stack is made of:
- Django (Python), PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services on the back end
- React Native / React + Next.js on the front end
What will you be doing? You will take charge of the product planning and execution. You will be working closely with the founders to define and express the vision through the products we put out. You will collaborate with UX to craft a kick-ass user experience across mediums and with devs to ship it. You will measure our success and failures. You will represent our users and do everything in your power to help them become successful. We are here to help you make them rock-stars. That means:
- You will build and maintain a prioritized roadmap. You will be transparent throughout the process and collaborate with all stakeholders to build consensus.
- You will need to make lots of decisions. We expect you to come up with a point of view, even if that’s unpopular. Your role is to help us build consensus not be ruled by it. We appreciate conviction.
- You will document each mission. In great detail. Focus on corner-cases. Propose and track success metrics for each of them.
- You will need to communicate your decisions and plans. You have to be a pillar of clarity, even if you have a ton of questions yourself.
- You will build and own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. These ideas will come from users, from your colleagues and your research and intuition.
- You will have a process to keep everything in sync so that we maintain a high pace.
- You will be a steward of quality. Work with devs and QA to make sure we are shipping bug-free beautiful experiences.
- You will keep an eye on our metrics. Drill through the data. Make sure we are achieving our targets and find insights that could drive innovative initiatives. We practice evidence-based decision-making and we expect to see this from you too.
- You will research products that could be perceived as competition. You will keep an eye on new shiny solutions to problems we are also struggling with. You will know the trends that could become opportunities for us.
There are probably things that are missing that will show up as we go.
- You need to have demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products. You either worked as a product manager in a bigger company or played a generalist role in a startup.
- You need to recognize good design when you see it. You need to know enough about software development to recognize what developers are talking about. You will be a Jack of all trades.
- You need to be very well organized. Attention to detail is something that matters a lot here.
- You need to be experienced with agile product development.
- Your communication skills, especially in writing, should be top notch. You will be required to document use-cases, interviews etc and to evangelize your work internally and externally.
- It’s a plus if you are a user of our service.
Why the hell would you sign up for something like this? Seems like a demanding job description, doesn’t it? Why would you do it?
- Because you need a purpose in your life. Because working a 9-5 job, in large team, detached by the effects of your efforts sounds awful to you. Because you want your work to matter!
- Because you understand that assuming responsibility is the only way to grow and develop yourself. Muscles don’t grow while you Netflix and chill on your sofa, but through the pain and sweat in the gym. The same is true for your career and your life.
- Because you will be part of an awesome team of diverse top-performing individuals. And you understand that an entourage of self-driven people is the best gift for your future.
- Because you are intelligent to know to never surrender your opportunity for security. You can always get a cozy secure job, but opportunities to join greatness are far in between.
On the benefits side:
- You can make your own schedule.
- Remote first: we don’t care when and where you work from.
- Market-level salary
- Stock options package
How to apply Send us an email at email@example.com. If applicable, please provide links to your LinkedIn, GitHub or Angelist profiles. Attach a CV, if you have one.