Docker is a computer program that performs operating-system-level virtualization, also known as "containerization".
The Docker Hub team develops and maintains the largest and most popular container registry service in the world today. Millions of users - community developers, open source projects and Independent Software Vendors - push and pull Docker container images billions of times through Docker Hub. If you are an experienced front-end or full-stack Software Engineer and want to play a critical role in the evolution of Docker Hub and Docker’s next chapter, this role is for you.
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will build and enhance Docker Hub, our container registry, to deliver a top tier experience for free and paid users. You will collaborate with UX designers and backend engineers to design user journeys and API specifications. You will be constantly seeking ways to improve development practices to ensure we maintain a high level of quality with a fast pace of delivery. Finally, you should be passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and about Docker’s role in that.
- Deliver a top tier user experience for Docker Hub
- Play an active role in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end user experience, take ownership and responsibility over new projects and features, and turn those ideas into reality
- Interact with other teams within Docker, and occasionally with upstream open source communities and our users
- Participate in on-call rotations (at least quarterly) and improve reliability and availability of Docker Hub services
- Play an active role in improving the way Hub front-end is developed, tested, and deployed
- 3+ years experience building front-end applications, 1+ years with React, preferably with static typing (Flow or TypeScript)
- Understanding of technical design principles, ideally backed by exposure to multiple programming paradigms (e.g. object oriented, functional, etc)
- Good written communication skills
- Ability and interest in working at a fully remote company crossing international time zones
- Knowledge and appreciation of software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Ability to work in a team with other developers and partner with User Experience experts, Product Management and Operations teams
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with modern programming languages like Golang or Python for developing backend micro services
- Understanding of the challenges of running a SaaS platform at global scale
- An eye for good UI/UX design