DoiT International is the leading global cloud consulting company and strategic partner of Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services. We tackle complex problems of scale for our customers, using our expertise in resolving problems, machine learning, algorithms, complexity analysis, and system design.
DoiT International is the leading global cloud consulting company working as Google Cloud’s top partner and strategic partner of Amazon Web Services. We tackle complex problems of scale for our customers, using our expertise in resolving problems, machine learning, algorithms, complexity analysis, and system design.
Our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers. Our team consists of world class engineers and architects who are leaders in their industry areas. For nearly a decade, we’ve been helping the most successful businesses to build and scale products with our world-class cloud engineering support.
Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a gamechanger in the industry that helps the developers at digital-native companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members. Challenging work, continuous learning, massive opportunities for internal growth as we continue to scale, and a remote-first culture rooted in communication and transparency help us attract and retain the best talent in the Cloud Ecosystem.
Values for All Do’ers: Act As One Team, Wow the Customer, See it Through, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Pursue Knowledge, Have Fun
You might have a CS degree. You might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
We’re only looking for experienced candidates for this role. You should have been doing this work before in a professional setting, but you also won’t know how all our systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. Nobody hits the ground running.
In DoiT we are hiring and working with “managers of one” - we need you to have a great sense of ownership, pride, and the impact you’re making on our company.
We appreciate people who can work collaboratively but understand that decisions will not always be made by consensus. We praise direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You know how to effectively communicate your ideas and win the hearts and minds of our customers.
You find great personal reward in delighting people be it in solving their tactical problem above expectations or when fostering their cloud journey.
You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details.
You can see the "big picture" and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company - err on the side of action.
You are a lifelong learner to keep up with the beat of the public cloud ecosystem and we provide plenty of time to keep your skills sharp.
About the Role
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer ,you will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide technical solutions to our customers’ revenue-critical systems running on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be working with our most strategic GCP and AWS customers. Together, you will consult, mentor, and coach our customers in their journey to develop resilient, high-performing and cost-efficient software stacks; spearhead application modernization through technologies like containerization; and transform their cloud operations through philosophies like “infrastructure as a code”.
Our Cloud Engineering team helps customers to transform and evolve their business through the use of hyperscalers’ network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes. We only hire experienced engineers who are keen to build a career with DoiT, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
We are scattered around the globe, each of us has wealth of experience and knows their best, but we are and act as one team and we like to pay it forward.
Target location: Since we are dedicated to being a remote-first company, you can work from anywhere within EMEA, preferably in the UK. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a company-provided coworking space, or a coffee shop.
- Leverage your extensive hands-on technical and customer support experience to be the trusted technical advisor to our customers, solving critical, highly complex problems and challenges that may span multiple cloud services and vendors.
- Work together with our customers on the solutions and communicate effectively through a variety of contact channels, which include our ticketing system, email, Slack and video calls.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Azure teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- Cloud Engineers may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
What it is and what it is not:
- 100% cloud with multi-cloud exposure - GCP, AWS and Azure.
- Work exclusively with SMB digital-native customers (= lots of innovation, rapid pace)
- Not a junior role or traditional tier 1 support! We only hire experienced engineers and you will work on fixing complex issues that are unique to our customers (examples of problems we solve)
- Get exposure to the most innovative technologies - https://www.doit-intl.com/stats/
- Work closely with leading engineers and some of the best architects around the world
- This is not a pre-sales role
- No on-site work is required, 100% remote - work from where you work best.
- As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with our staff located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
- 30% of our engineering time is dedicated to learning. It’s practically a part of the job!
- Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organisation to help you meet your career goals.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting internet-scale, production-grade distributed systems in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
- Deep experience with container technologies, e.g. Kubernetes
- Strong background in operations/systems administration, DevOps practices, configurations and deployment of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience resolving system level and software issues, for web application solutions (such as Nginx, Apache, Mysql)
- Experience with cloud-specific configuration best practices (including IAM, VPC, VPN and networking, service-specific configurations and deployment CI/CD pipelines).
- Experience with networking, e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, SDN and VPN
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux operating systems administration and internals such as filesystems, inodes, system calls, cgroups
- Some experience in writing software in one or more languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, Go, or Rust or any type of scripting
- Ability to debug and optimize script and automate routine tasks
- Great English verbal and written communication skills and former experience in customer facing roles
Benefits and Perks
- Health insurance
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Pension plan
- Flexible working hours
- Encouraging healthy work life balance is our priority
- Professional Development including certifications