Global- Lead Counsel
at DoiT International (View all jobs)
DoiT International is a world-leading cloud advisory company, Google Cloud’s top partner and Amazon Web Services Premier Partner. Our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers.
Our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers. Our team consists of world-class architects who are leaders in their industry areas. For nearly a decade, we’ve been helping the most successful businesses to build and scale products with our world-class cloud engineering support.
Having raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — especially around product innovation. DoiT’s Cloud Management Platform is a gamechanger in the industry that helps the developers at tech-savvy companies improve cloud operations, maintain security, control cost, and ensure governance of its growing cloud estate.
Our Core Values guide us in crafting a unique and stellar employee experience for all of our team members. Challenging work, continuous learning, massive opportunities for internal growth as we continue to scale, and a remote-first culture rooted in communication and transparency help us attract and retain the best talent in the Cloud Ecosystem.
Values for All DoiT’ers: Act As One Team, Wow the Customer, See it Through, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Pursue Knowledge, Have Fun!
DoiT is looking to add a Corporate General Counsel, US, to primarily support the Legal Counsel, as well as various departments within DoiT.
Target location: Since we are dedicated to being a remote first company, this position can work anywhere in the Central Region or on the East Coast of the United States. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a coworking space, or a coffee shop. We’ve curated a culture that thrives in a virtual environment so you have the resources you need to connect with talented people around the world.
The Global Lead - Counsel is responsible for leading a team of senior counsel responsible for all corporate and tactical legal initiatives. The role provides senior management to the global legal team with business-oriented advice on company growth, scale, process efficiencies including overseeing the work of outside counsel. In this role, you will lead our Legal Team consistent with our mission, vision, values, business strategies, annual plans, and regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will provide legal expertise and leadership on professional practice, professional liability, company and professional licensure, company registration, and other general business matters. You will work primarily with our management leadership team, business support group managers, and other company leaders. Additionally, the Global Lead - Counsel shall be directly involved in complex business transactions including M&A as required. In this role, the candidate will:
- Manage and coach the company's internal legal function and staff, ensuring fair distribution of work and quality and timely service delivery to internal stakeholders.
- Identify and address all legal and regulatory compliance issues affecting the company, including contract standards and policies, intellectual property protection, litigation, and dispute resolution
- Lead and Negotiate complex contracts and their drafting on a global basis
- Process management associated with the areas of its mission including, but not limited to, priority management, deadline management, contract and status tracking, managing business expectations, consultations as required, requested, or initiated, managing legal expectations in accordance to national and international laws and standards
- Oversee contract enforcement and delinquency collections process
- Oversee retention, management, and evaluation of all outside counsel.
- Participates in development and implementation of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all such matters
- Maintaining knowledge of legal trends and regulatory changes that affect the company, keeping company leaders informed of the risk issues and potential mitigation efforts
- Judge the merits of litigation against or on behalf of the company, work with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense and approve settlements of disputes where warranted
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance laws and regulations
- Manage debt covenant compliance.
- Structure and manage the company’s internal legal function and staff
- Advise on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Provide guidance assisting the business in resolving disputes to ensure consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective handling of legal matters
- Law Degree from an accredited law school
- Expertise in the US federal rules as well as some knowledge of individual state laws
- 15+ years legal practice experience, with some prior experience in a capacity of general counsel role, is preferred.
- Demonstrated success with management of a legal team and budget during accelerated company growth
- Experience in advising senior management on business legal matters
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to include long-term focus and near-term business objectives/needs
- Ability to quickly become familiar with the company’s standard commercial agreements, including procurement agreements for customers of cloud services
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of contracts in the United States, specifically: NDAs, MSA’s, Reseller Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Licensing, SOWs including management of contract templates and processes ensuring contractual provisions reflect local statutes and regulations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires high levels of agility and collaboration
- Familiar with all aspects of the formation of corporations, corporate secretarial requirements, and compliance filings
- Ability to work independently and be willing to work with different time zones and at different times
- Strong negotiation skills and abilities
- Experience working with a global team highly preferred
- Experience working with acquisitions, mergers and/or IPO are added plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from top carriers
- Professional Development, including certifications
- 401k matching
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible working options
- Work life balance