Manager, Business Development, Austin
Having recently raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners DoiT International is ready to grow. They are looking for a Manager of Business Development to create strategies, execute plans and build a team and grow their sales pipeline.
For many companies, the journey to cloud transformation can be more like a tangled web of complexity. DoiT International helps teams to “cut the gordian knot” and successfully evaluate, test, migrate, and optimize on the public cloud.
As Google Cloud's largest partner and a strategic partner of Amazon Web Services, our mission is to enable customers to harness the power of the public cloud at peak efficiency so they can focus on building the best products for their own customers.
Beyond just a helping hand, we’re building a suite of products to help our customers to optimize every facet of their cloud deployments. As a testament to our deep engineering expertise, over 1,000 digital-native companies such as Outbrain, JFrog, and Redislabs trust DoiT International Cloud Management Platform as their copilot in the cloud.
Having recently raised $100 million from Charlesbank Capital Partners, we’re scaling all aspects of our company — and that’s where you come in! Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, our Business Development Manager will play a critical role shaping the future success of our sales team. This role requires a self-starting, proactive, results-oriented sales management professional.
Since we are dedicated to being a remote first company, this position can work anywhere in the Greater Austin Area. We want you to work where you are most comfortable and productive whether that be at home, in a coworking space, or a coffee shop.
Target Locations: Greater Austin Area
- Develop strategies and execute plans to ensure that opportunity creation and pipeline goals are well defined, met, and exceeded
- Build, train, manage, and mentor a team of Business Development Representatives to optimum performance as they support the sales team in assigned geographical / sales regions
- Coach the team on prospecting methods, using a combination of phone, email, social media, and direct mail to help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to position DoiT
- Enable your team to relentlessly prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline through your coaching and mentoring on topics including: courageous qualification, prospecting techniques, phone skills, and strategic engagement with Field Sales Representatives
- Establish BDR commission plan in collaboration with Sales and Finance leadership to drive the appropriate behaviors and results
- Identify, propose and implement critical tools (Zoom Info, Crunchbase, etc) that the team will utilize
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to develop key buyer personas for customers we can target with outbound messaging
- Create and enable the team to deliver elevator pitches, call / written templates, and outreach cadences
- Outline SPIFFs / incentives and contests that can be run within team
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing teams to define demand generation program strategy and objectives
- Set appropriate KPIs for activity metrics and develop pipeline generation goals
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress, metrics, and KPIs across business development
- Educate, enable, and increase visibility of DoiT products across all relevant teams
- Support and coach your team members to develop their career paths and goals
- True passion for sales and technology - we want leaders who love what they do and inspire their team
- 6+ years of technology sales and business development experience, particularly within IT Service Management
- 3+ years of management experience hiring, leading, developing, and nurturing others in successful BDR team setting
- Experience managing and developing a pipeline of qualified leads and opportunities within a CRM (We use Hubspot, but experience with other systems is acceptable)
- Experience building programs to drive robust organizations
- Understanding or previous experience working within the Public Cloud ecosystem (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, etc - and their related services) is preferred but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit, general scrappiness, and the ability to be a strategic thinker with the ability to successfully execute initiatives
- Drive to succeed and a proven ability to be resilient and overcome challenges
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, and enthusiasm
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- A disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Critical problem solving skills to handle customer questions and overcome objections
- Ability to travel regionally as business needs dictate