Our mission is to simplify and democratize the path to financial security for everyone. For too long, access to high-quality single family real estate has been reserved for the ultra-wealthy; leaving out everyday individuals from participating in the #1 source of American wealth.
We’ve designed a full-stack, vertically integrated model that aligns incentives with stakeholders and offers a seamless way to own high-yield rental homes entirely online. As we succeed together, we will play a key role in closing the wealth gap.
Doorvest has raised almost $20m from founders/execs at top fintech companies such as Invitation Homes, Wealthfront, Sundae Homes, Opendoor and many others.
The Acquisition Associate position is responsible for acquiring new properties for Doorvest’s portfolio of single family homes in the Greater San Antonio Area. They will be responsible for Communications with all partners in San Antonio, underwriting properties, uncovering new leads, submitting offers on properties, getting properties under contract for purchase and building a wholesaler network.
The ideal candidate for this role will have some acquisitions, sales and account portfolio experience, a strong understanding of real estate, understands off market transactions, is a self starter, can build strong business relationships, familiar with underwriting and managing deal pipeline.
We prefer to hire in the Greater San Antonio area but open are open to remote for the right candidate.
What you will do:
- Evaluate the quality/eligibility of every home we purchase
- Negotiate and extend offers to buy homes and acquire each home at a viable price point
- Collaboration with internal/external parties to schedule viewing (wholesalers, agents, sellers)
- Speak with agents and/or homebuyers
- Work cross-functionally with underwriting/sales/marketing to improve the customer experience
- Working collaboratively with other various departments
- Contribute to metro-specific intelligence building and pricing strategies
What you bring with you:
- Ownership mentality - all Doorvest team members are granted significant equity in the company and we expect team members to have high levels of ownership. This means no hard budgets, micromanagement, etc.
- Hungry - we’re looking for folks that are eager to learn and constantly scouting for opportunities to push the company forward, this will ultimately lead to outsized success for the company and individual’s personal development.
- Rolling with the punches - early-stage startups are extremely rewarding but things are not always glitz and glamour. Behind the scenes, there are many challenges we must overcome to bring to life something that’s never previously existed into the world.
- Experience with business systems, CRMs, and project management and or real estate tools preferred.
- Experience with residential real estate or experience with real estate in Texas is preferred.
- Located in the Greater San Antonio area (preferred but not required).
- Customer service-oriented personality.
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000
As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a scrappy, close knit team in an energetic environment. We believe this role is mission critical and will be offering substantial equity.
What we're able to offer
- Opportunity to have an incredible impact and build a venture-backed startup from the ground up
- Substantial ownership in the company you’re building
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with 4% match
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Various physical, mental, & financial wellness perks