EQUITYMULTIPLE has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Asset Management Associate. You will join a passionate and experienced asset management team whose goal is to make real estate investing more accessible, transparent, and secure. The Asset Management Associate’s primary objective will be to support Asset Management’s goal of maximizing operations and return at the individual asset level and overall portfolio level. The Asset Management Associate is the liaison between EquityMultiple and its sponsors to ensure all properties are performing in accordance with their business plans and in compliance with their documents. The current portfolio comprises a diversified pool of assets including multifamily, office, hotel, industrial, student housing, car wash, retail, self-storage, co-living, condo, etc. and is invested in all parts of the capital structure. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the Real Estate group on new investments.
This position is located in Manhattan, however, due to the impacts of COVID-19 EquityMultiple is currently operating remotely. There will be opportunities for in-person interaction and collaboration with colleagues via work summits and company culture events which you can attend wholly at your option and not obligation. Currently, there is a plan to return to in-person office operations in CY2021. Until that time, extensive use of the Google Workspace suite of collaboration and video conferencing tools are employed to maximize support and coordination within and amongst teams with regular All-Hands meetings as well.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare detailed cash flow projections and analysis of assigned properties, including analysis for proposed lease transactions, capital improvement projects, refinancings and dispositions
- Review asset strategy presentations, annual budgets, and cash flow projections for annual business plan
- Monitor specific performance measures to identify risks, trends and opportunities
- Review and comply with leases, contracts, loan documents and JV agreements
- Create and maintain property-level financial models and prepare hold/finance/sell recommendations and valuations
- Conduct market research and analysis to obtain local market knowledge of competitor offerings, positioning, location, and market supply and demand trends
- Prepare and review periodic asset updates
- Collaborate with the Real Estate team to underwrite new investments and work with other company stakeholders to manage investor inquiries and reporting
- Work cross functionally with Real Estate, Marketing & Communications, Investor Relations, and Product teams
- Manage third-party sponsor relationships
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant capital markets/asset management experience, ideally having seen the full lifecycle of CRE assets (i.e., acquisitions to financings to dispositions) and having had experience with investments across the capital structure
- Experience with debt & preferred equity a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- High proficiency in MS Excel and other MS applications required
- Strong cash flow and partnership structure modeling experience
- Ability to work well both independently and in group settings
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- A passion and visible commitment to real estate investing
EquityMultiple is a commercial real estate investment and technology firm that provides accredited investors access to professionally vetted, private real estate transactions across property types and risk profiles. EquityMultiple’s mission is to make real estate investing simple, accessible, and transparent. To date, EquityMultiple’s investors have participated in over $2.5 billion in commercial real estate transactions through its online investing platform. For more information, please visit https://www.equitymultiple.com/.
EquityMultiple is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.